Home

Imperial AC Gearless Machine

Posted By: Administrator

Imperial AC Gearless Machine - 10/26/11 05:45 AM

We are installing the new Imperial Gearless machines and they are equipped with two independent brake coils that will lift each brake arm indpendently. Each brake arm is capable of holding 125% of rated load. Supposedly, we will not need a rope gripper if we have this type of brake arrangement. Has anyone had issues with inspectors requiring rope grippers in addition to this brake arrangement? This job will be inspected by a State of California inspector.
Posted By: Vic

Re: Imperial AC Gearless Machine - 10/26/11 02:05 PM

Gearless, huh? Standard m/r, or mrl?
How many floors? Did you guys get the new Marriott, downtown LA?

Re: Imperial AC Gearless Machine - 10/26/11 02:15 PM

No these are standard gearless machines from Imperial. We are replacing big Montgomery geared machines with these new gearless machines. This job is an office building in Beverly Hills.
Posted By: Vatorman15

Re: Imperial AC Gearless Machine - 10/26/11 05:05 PM

Do Kone MRL's with a dual brake or Schindler 400A's pass in California?
Posted By: Vic

Re: Imperial AC Gearless Machine - 10/26/11 05:15 PM

Sounds like a great job, Admin. Good on ya.

Vatorman,
Yep. Well, at least the Kones' are allowed. And Otis Gen2s.
At first, they were installed with a variance from the standards board. Now, they are going in all over the place.
Posted By: selfproclaimed

Re: Imperial AC Gearless Machine - 10/27/11 01:21 AM

Yes, We had a problem with the inspector passing the install without a rope gripper but after we contacted imperial for some engineering data concerning the brake independant of each other,presented this document to the inspector and tested both brakes seperately the inspector accepted it.
Posted By: GreenPants

Re: Imperial AC Gearless Machine - 10/27/11 05:13 AM

all the newer otis 30T machines are the same brake setup. separate 125% arms and dual coils and are installed in cali
Posted By: halfpick

Re: Imperial AC Gearless Machine - 10/29/11 03:12 PM

Has anyone seen or installed the newer H/W dual brake machine. It looks pretty nice!
Posted By: J Sand

Re: Imperial AC Gearless Machine - 11/07/11 12:02 AM

Write me if you want more info about these. I was the adjuster on the first 4 805's from Imperial at LAUSD Headquarters. Lots of issues. Encoder alignment, interpolation, 10.5 hz rumble from the permanent magnets, accel/decel rates etc.

Re: Imperial AC Gearless Machine - 11/07/11 01:48 AM

I've heard there were a lot of issues from multiple sources on early gearless models. I haven't heard anything bad about the 525 model yet. Hopefully, they've worked out the bugs. I posted some images of the machine in the photo gallery. This will be paired with a Motion IBox. I'm hoping for a smooth installation. I'll keep you posted if there are any issues. Thanks...
© 2024 Elevator Forum