Home

VPL inspection in NC?

Posted By: Fisherelevator

VPL inspection in NC? - 04/02/19 07:21 PM

I'm installing a Savaria VPL in North Carolina that will need to be inspected. Is there a website I can go to or PDF anyone has that can guide me through what I'll need to do? I'm new to inspections and would like to be as prepared as possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: MulattoTech

Re: VPL inspection in NC? - 04/03/19 04:41 PM

I can tell you what Savaria will recommend you do. However with regard to the code for VPL inspections with specificity to North Carolina, that I would have to research a bit more.

You should just be able to pop onto the dealer site of Savaria and grab the manual for that particular lift and go to the "Maintenance Schedule" section.

Do you know what model of VPL you're installing? I can grab you the manual off the dealer end if you don't have access, but honestly, they're pretty widely available on Google if you search for the model.
Posted By: Fisherelevator

Re: VPL inspection in NC? - 04/22/19 10:12 PM

Thanks, but I have the paperwork that came with the lift, including the maintenance schedule. I'm mostly just trying to figure out what specifically will not apply to this lift, compared to a commercial elevator, in regards to the state inspection.
Posted By: ashley

Re: VPL inspection in NC? - 04/23/19 12:56 AM

Your lift will inspect basically the same as a commercial lift. You will need to show a drop test to the inspector, show the slack chain switches function properly, the limits, the anti creep, the door interlocks, that it can lift the load/ Pretty much the only thing a residential does not need is braille tags. If you are not providing Savaria doors and frames, you need to verify the doors are built with the proper clearances. FI you don't have a wireless run bug, make sure to route your cord so it doesn't get damaged during testing. You will need to run up out of the safeties.
© 2024 Elevator Forum