Home

Mac 104 board

Posted By: Kone66

Mac 104 board - 04/11/19 07:01 PM

Have an issue with a 104 Mac upgrade to a door op that was done by sombody / I have not seen it but he says after he installed board that the doors open and close at full speed and the trim pots make no changes to speed/ apparently he has changed motor and Tryed a 2nd board with same issues/ was wondering if anyone has any experience with this 104 Mac upgrade kit??? Thanks
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Mac 104 board - 04/11/19 11:41 PM

What is the part number of the kit? What are you upgrading from?
Posted By: john jay

Re: Mac 104 board - 04/12/19 12:15 AM

Sounds like the open and close micro switch's for slow down are not wired in correctly. Is L1A grounded? Just an added thought, you cannot adjust the 104 board if you are on inspection, if L1A is not ground, as it is on some mods.
Posted By: Kone66

Re: Mac 104 board - 04/12/19 06:46 PM

Thanks for the help/ I went over and looked at it and he had wired it wrong/ his slow downs were not working lol
Posted By: Goat

Re: Mac 104 board - 04/12/19 11:09 PM

I had an issue with a Mac 104 before that was caused by corrosion. The 104 board had severe corrosion come to find out. The door board would send full power in opening direction, causing what I have deemed the "cookie monster" effect. The motor would just go into full speed wide out opening. The doors would repeatedly slam open and shut, due to the drive sheave having enough force to roll completely over. It had enough energy that it bent the jam. It was the scariest thing I have seen. The force would have killed someone. I am glad I was onsite to see this happen and shut power down.

It was this time of year it happened 3 years ago I believe. On the gulf coast, we have severe condensation on elevators located on the beach. It is something I am constantly checking with those units.
Posted By: Philly

Re: Mac 104 board - 04/13/19 08:28 PM

Holy hell
© 2024 Elevator Forum