Home

Ibox mce

Posted By: Kone66

Ibox mce - 04/15/19 11:20 PM

Hey there wondering if any one has any thoughts on an mce ibox / 2008 vintage/ it was having an issue when it try’s to boot up/ at first the rope gripper appeared to be the issue.. if you pulled off the side for the field wires on the unintended motion board the ibox would boot up/ then you could plug back in board and rope gripper would lift/ well its back to doing same problem not booting up/ the safety B light comes on but no display and the board query lights stay lit they don’t go out// the 5vdc on power supply appears to be ok it fluctuates about 20 to 30 mili volts/ just wondering do you think that fluctuation is enough to stop ibox from booting up/ tech support didn’t sound to sure of themselves that was the issue, said change it and see if that fix’s it/Also to add the main processor board has been replaced, also running the current firmware...
Posted By: UpandDown2321

Re: Ibox mce - 04/15/19 11:47 PM

Have you checked the power supply for AC ripple? This can happen especially older models as it shows 5VDC but has a lot of noise and causes issues. Does it go through the full boot sequence and then this happens? Each light during the boot sequence represents a step in loading and starting up. I dont remember each light but it is in the manual.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Ibox mce - 04/16/19 01:00 AM

I 2nd that on checking the ripple. Especially if you are seeing the DC bounce around. After that, there is a plug in RAM card on one of the boards behind the cover that MCE had me replace for a similar issue.
Posted By: Kone66

Re: Ibox mce - 04/16/19 04:11 AM

I didn’t check for ac but I will ,and also on the boot up sequence it stalls right at the first stage after leds flash I only get the safety B not the safety A and that’s were it stays nothing else happens/ also someone mentioned ram chip/ board that has been replaced also.
Thanks
Posted By: UpandDown2321

Re: Ibox mce - 04/16/19 01:43 PM

Page 6-71 in the 15 Release manual has the boot sequence LEDs and what they mean as it is loading. Anything above a few millivolts AC and that power supply should be changed.
I did have to use the Boot re load section once to assist testing when a car would stop during the boot up phase but that is only if it is not booting up and no power supply issue.
Posted By: Turbo6

Re: Ibox mce - 05/15/19 09:47 PM

I had a similar issue and I started removing I/o board one at a time and restart after each one to find a bad board. It’s not always what you think it is with those ibox. Also I agree with checking for ac ripple and check the isolation board that is in series with the power supply. You can just remove isolation board to check.
© 2024 Elevator Forum