Posted By: NOTIME

Schindler CADI - 04/17/19 12:53 PM

hello !!!!

question any one has been used a Cadi
in a controller without SIM ?

to use the Cadi need the SIM ?
Posted By: heisenberg

Re: Schindler CADI - 04/17/19 03:02 PM

I could probably test this out for you, I have a spare s5500 main print that I could power on and take out the sim.

I'll test it out tomorrow and get back with results.

Re: Schindler CADI - 04/17/19 05:04 PM

thnks

Re: Schindler CADI - 04/18/19 12:53 AM

So I tried it, but on a board with nothing on it besides a CGIOF board attached, and cadi didn't load.

Can I ask with youre trying to connect without a sim?
Posted By: solidstate

Re: Schindler CADI - 04/18/19 09:53 AM

I have been told that the "S" folks remove the sim card when they lose the maintenance.
Posted By: Wispaflex215

Re: Schindler CADI - 04/18/19 12:33 PM

I have used the Cadi on controllers without SIM cards.
Posted By: hotsauce04

Re: Schindler CADI - 04/18/19 05:31 PM

Check PM

Re: Schindler CADI - 04/19/19 01:18 AM

Not true

Re: Schindler CADI - 04/20/19 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by solidstate
I have been told that the "S" folks remove the sim card when they lose the maintenance.

True,
the SIM card is a tool (" big S property")
when they sell a controller the SIM card is not in the contract (unless has a special negotiation)

i been use the CADI but only with SIM card , i never did without SIM

so some say yes, some say no

new TX versions has lot of function to access without SIM, but old vercions even KFM (door Disable) is not available
Posted By: ot1989

Re: Schindler CADI - 04/23/19 01:09 AM

I have CADI GC software, someone could tell me the cable that I need and where to connect it on which board to connect it.
Thanks

Re: Schindler CADI - 04/23/19 02:12 AM

If you don't have a serial plug on your laptop, you can get a USB to db9 adapter cable, and then you'll need a NULL MODEM cable to connect from the CGIOB board.
Posted By: ot1989

Re: Schindler CADI - 04/23/19 03:17 AM

Thank you!!!
Posted By: firdy

Re: Schindler CADI - 04/26/19 07:19 AM

good morning every one, can you help me how to get it
thank you very much
Posted By: Smitty

Re: Schindler CADI - 05/03/19 11:54 PM

You can use Cadi without controller sim cards. In fact my first drive replacement on a 400A I did without sim cards. It is a pain and you quickly need to learn to send telegrams to accomplish simple commands, but I did it. It really is your only recourse without the software that uses the UNTR command
Posted By: Tamperprufe

Re: Schindler CADI - 06/02/19 06:57 PM

I also have several I use it on without card and it is manageable
Posted By: Philly

Re: Schindler CADI - 06/13/19 04:15 PM

Tell the customer to buy the SIM. These idiot building owners who have no idea what they are and aren't buying when choosing a proprietary elevator to install is comical. I'm even more baffled at the independent companies that take on these buildings for service without the capability to successfully or competently provide the service
Posted By: Smitty

Re: Schindler CADI - 07/12/19 12:55 AM

You can use CADI without a sim card. I had to do it myself.The problem is to do a lot of the basic things you will need to learn telegrams. Since there are seemingly a million of them, it can be daunting. I had a couple units in which I had to commision the drive without the sim cards.
It can be done.

Re: Schindler CADI - 07/13/19 11:55 AM

""The problem is to do a lot of the basic things you will need to learn telegrams""

what this mean?
use a hyper terminal?
Posted By: ILikeElevs

Re: Schindler CADI - 07/15/19 01:47 AM

Hyper terminal in place of cadi...wishful thinking.
Posted By: Troubleshoot

Re: Schindler CADI - 02/16/20 12:46 PM

Hey guys, do new controllers not come with a SIM card? I do installs for Schindler and have not seen one, are they supposed to be in the slot behind the esm display?
Posted By: Paolo

Re: Schindler CADI - 02/17/20 01:03 PM

Hello guys
I need the cadi after version 3.10 can you help me thanks.
I can't get into new plants (elevators).
they told me that version 3.14 exists.
my email: paolodangelo76@gmail.com.
Posted By: muggzy65

Re: Schindler CADI - 02/26/20 03:18 AM

The controller are shipped without the SIM card and it’s removed when the job is lost. The cadi doesn’t work without the SIM card in place.
Posted By: ModMech

Re: Schindler CADI - 03/19/20 03:24 PM

No. The sim cards are usually shipped to your superintendent. At least they are for us and I'm part of the Toledo/ Holland branch
Posted By: ANGEL

Re: Schindler CADI - 08/06/20 07:01 AM

Dear colleague, I am an elevator technician but I do not work for schindler, I need to replace a VF3BR drive. My question is, should I just remove the damaged one and insert the new one, or should I do some procedure. Can you tell me? Should we enter parameters? Should we do auto tuning?

Best regards
Posted By: ANGEL

Re: Schindler CADI - 08/10/20 06:12 AM

Dear colleague, I hope you are well, I am writing from Panama, I am an elevator technician but I do not work for Schindler, I need to replace a VF3BR unit.

My question is, should I remove the damaged one and insert the new one, or should I perform some procedure?

Can you teach me what the procedure is?

The control is an miconic MX-GC.

My other problem is that I do not know what is the procedure to do the zero position of the encoder and motor.

Best regards
Posted By: Upndwn

Re: Schindler CADI - 08/13/20 04:45 PM

Does anyone have any info on adding security to a txr5
In car for car calls. Or any info on the commands or trlagrams
In cadi gc
Posted By: Bset303

Re: Schindler CADI - 02/14/23 10:39 PM

Hey there, I'm also looking for cadi software if there's any reliable sources out there. Have been working on 400a, 3300, 5500 lately. Interested in being able to add I/Os.

Thanks
Posted By: ryansnipes

Re: Schindler CADI - 02/16/23 12:03 AM

I have 400a v1.61 and can use cadi without sim

Re: Schindler CADI - 02/16/23 12:09 AM

I know how to get back door full menu with the use of cadi, when cadi disconected still have full menu
Controller GX-GC 400a running TX core software v1.61, have not tried on other versions

Re: Schindler CADI - 02/18/23 03:36 AM

Check your private message

Click the flashing envelope to view
Posted By: Rlb3479

Re: Schindler CADI - 03/03/23 06:01 PM

I have 3.11
© 2024 Elevator Forum