Home

Garaventa Elvoron Info

Posted By: Flying Ron

Garaventa Elvoron Info - 06/02/19 11:18 PM

I've got the prints and a list of fault codes for this elevator. I was trying to reset the positions on the landings in learn mode. I think I did it right. What I did was move the jumper to the Learn Mode position and move the NORM/INS switch to INS. Positioning the elevator on the first floor with the Up/Down buttons then twiddle the INS switch and wait for the floor display to change to one. Repeat for floors 2 and 3. Am I doing this right?
Posted By: Jcjmowrey

Re: Garaventa Elvoron Info - 06/02/19 11:34 PM

Sounds about right. I know you have to make sure the encoder led’s behind COP are pulsing. I’ve had to replace the encoder 3 times on one of the units and finally went with a different manufacturer.
Posted By: Johnny

Re: Garaventa Elvoron Info - 06/03/19 12:40 AM

Start with cab above the reset magnet. Put on inspection and install learn jumper. Move car to bottom floor, when you have it positioned, hold both 1 & 2 car pushbuttons until the display changes to 1. Move car to 2. Hold both 1 & 2 car pushbuttons until the display changes to 2. Remove learn jumper.
Posted By: Johnny

Re: Garaventa Elvoron Info - 06/03/19 12:42 AM

move car to 3 and hold both 1 & 2 car pushbuttons until the display changes to 3. After all floors set, remove learn jumper.
Posted By: Flying Ron

Re: Garaventa Elvoron Info - 06/03/19 02:01 AM

OK, that's pretty much what I was doing only I held all three buttons down (I guess 3 was redundant).

The encoder is probably OK. It's just that I guess things have stretched or whatever over the two years since this was installed and there was about a 1/2 lip that made it hard to move carts in and out of the thing.

Thanks for the confirmation.
© 2024 Elevator Forum