Home

Otis 20 HOCLS

Posted By: WPeak

Otis 20 HOCLS - 06/04/19 04:54 PM

I have an ongoing issue with a unit that will not stop at the intermediate floors only in the down direction when there is multiple calls latched. I am in a troubleshooting loop in the stopping circuit and have been all over this circuit. Basically if I have a down demand (XD picked) unit will always go to the lowest floor called and then run up to the floor it passed. I can manually pick S relay and get the car to stop as it should but as I go thru these prints, I don't see how it is possible to pick S with the combination of contacts that are required to pick to accomplish this. As I stated, car only does this in down direction. Up calls are functioning properly which lead me away from the floor switches plus I have monitored them while car is running. Any help is appreciated! Thanks
Posted By: Rolly

Re: Otis 20 HOCLS - 06/05/19 12:38 PM

WD # off controller data tag?
Posted By: uppo72

Re: Otis 20 HOCLS - 06/05/19 12:58 PM

Not sure how a 20 HOCLS compares to say a 10 UCL (not sure i ever saw the other model) which i can relate to (not sure of the naming meaning for you) but can you clarify if a middle level stop occurs if "only" 1 car stop is pushed? I would check the crosshead for the actuation of CAC-DCS,1ACS-1DAS,2ACS-2DAS just to make sure that the selector is getting a stop signal to ST and S. You seem to be getting a hook circuit signal to energise XD, so that appears ok. So i would look around the relays S, ST contacts, flexs etc, and see how you go.
Posted By: uppo72

Re: Otis 20 HOCLS - 06/05/19 12:59 PM

Rolly is this controller similar to the UCL UMV type?
Posted By: Rolly

Re: Otis 20 HOCLS - 06/05/19 03:57 PM

NO!

Re: Otis 20 HOCLS - 06/05/19 07:32 PM

WD is 3-1S7561DC. Does this help?

Re: Otis 20 HOCLS - 06/05/19 07:36 PM

Well, the S, ST, and STX loop is where I keep hovering around. I feel picking S is what causes an intermediate floor stop sequence since the terminal slowdowns take over when there. I will have to look at the print again. I am offsite but it almost seems impossible for S to pick with the contact configuration for that circuit. And there is an STY contact inline with that coil that I don’t have.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Otis 20 HOCLS - 06/06/19 02:17 AM

Man, I saw this exact problem, same print number too. I want to say it was in the timing of the 2 contacts on STX. I ended up just adjusting a relay contact and it was good. I’ll try to look at a print and refresh my memory but it was something in that circuit under the reset coils on the print. Does it matter if it’s car or hall calls?
© 2024 Elevator Forum