Home

Otis LRV5L

Posted By: Detroit City

Otis LRV5L - 08/29/19 11:41 AM

I am having troubles with an 1994 Otis LRV5L. this is a two stop, one opening elevator. to the best of what I have observed, this is what is happening. in the up direction coming into the floor, The UL1 hits the first magnet and drops UMV, then when it hits the second magnet and "releases" the UL1 input sensor ( light drops out in the processor), the processor doesn't always drop ULV (output), the elevator continues to run up level until it breaks the up directional. this kills all the up logic and the elevator levels down. then shuts down, light comes on to exit the elevator and the elevator travels to the 1st land and lets the passenger out.

I have refurbished the mother board and the power supply. this is a daily problem and looking for some advise.

thanks
Posted By: JustWolf

Re: Otis LRV5L - 08/29/19 01:47 PM

Up level sensor stuck on
Posted By: elmcannic

Re: Otis LRV5L - 08/30/19 02:57 PM

Maybe a long shot, but could it be the valve allowing the car to be pushed up to the limit? I’ve seen tight packing and maladjusted “up stop” settings behave in the same way as your description.

Re: Otis LRV5L - 08/30/19 10:55 PM

im pretty sure the mother board is still sending an up signal and up level output to the relay board after we pass the floor
Posted By: Philly

Re: Otis LRV5L - 09/02/19 01:27 AM

Move the directional up 6" to rule out a valve issue. As long as it hits limit before stop ring, you're good. Adjust transition so it has more leveling
Posted By: Philly

Re: Otis LRV5L - 09/02/19 01:28 AM

Pretty sure? It either is or isnt. Gotta figure that out first
Posted By: elmcannic

Re: Otis LRV5L - 09/04/19 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Philly
Pretty sure? It either is or isnt. Gotta figure that out first

Yep...my thoughts exactly.
Posted By: Rolly

Re: Otis LRV5L - 09/04/19 08:16 PM

No wiring diagram number posted so, not sure if this job has Leveling 6098 Mechanical Switches or sensors for floor level?

Re: Otis LRV5L - 09/08/19 08:18 PM

To All I was real busy last week and finally got back to the site, I moved the directional up and this is not a valve problem, PM and ULV is energized, another question was switches, I forgot to get the wiring diagram number, but this has sensors not mechanical. both sensors replaced, So what happens about every tenth running up to 2nd floor, (top) in the up direction coming into the floor, The UL1 (sensor) hits the first magnet and drops UMV, then when it hits the second magnet and "releases" the UL1 input sensor ( light drops out coming into the processor), the processor doesn't always drop ULV (up level valve output), the elevator continues to run up leveling speed (PM and ULV outputs on) until it breaks the up directional. this kills all the up logic and the elevator levels down. opens the doors, then closes the doors, a light comes on in the cop to exit the elevator and the elevator travels to the 1st landing and lets the passenger out. its seems like its a mother board problem. not that many inputs and outputs involved in this up travel process, does any body have a functional LRV5L ( E8121DB1 ) board?

thanks
Posted By: Rolly

Re: Otis LRV5L - 09/09/19 03:21 AM

Change the RBI Board in Machine Room. Lot of problems with those boards.
© 2024 Elevator Forum