Home

Miprom Tool

Posted By: Scott Davidson

Miprom Tool - 12/22/11 02:03 AM

I recently obtained a Kone interface tool. It is the same tool to access miprom 21, etc. there was a sticker on the tool that says "closed loop door operator tool". i have 2 questions. since the sticker says door tool, do you think it will work to interface a miprom 21, and also it did not come with a power supply. does any one know what power supply it will need? Im thinking maybe it is programmed to only allow door operator adjustments, if this is true, is it possible to have it reprogrammed to access the miprom 21. any input is appreciated
Posted By: selfproclaimed

Re: Miprom Tool - 12/22/11 02:34 AM

On the top of the tool next to the on-off switch is where you plug in 12vdc. The Kone tool will also work on Ecco 3000 and Ecco 5000 escalators. You could go to Radio Shack and get the power supply there then plug it into a miprom controller and see if it communicates. If I had to bet I would say yes it works. But every time I go to Atlantic City I come home broke. Good Luck!

Re: Miprom Tool - 12/22/11 03:26 AM

thanks, for the info regarding voltage of the power supply, I guess any 12vdc power supply will do, think i have a few in the garage, I was thinking it would probably work on anything, but then again i have lost plenty in Vegas. thanks again for the info.
Posted By: Vatorman15

Re: Miprom Tool - 12/22/11 03:31 PM

The Kone spares part #'s are US90028 Power cord. US65369 interface cable.

Re: Miprom Tool - 12/22/11 05:56 PM

excellent!!!! thanks

Re: Miprom Tool - 12/30/11 03:21 AM

well i got the power supply, and unfortunately the tool is programmed only for a 105 closed loop door operator. there was a reprogramming section on the tool, f1 was door operator, f2 was reprogram tool. I am in need of a unit that will interface a miprom SL, and a miprom 21 megatech. It seems that since i have the base unit it should be able to be programmed to accommodate my needs. any ideas?
Posted By: selfproclaimed

Re: Miprom Tool - 01/01/12 05:36 PM

I know Kone spares has them for sale but I think they are pricey. I can look around and see if anyone has an extra one for sale in the area. Might be a little cheaper if you get it that way.PM me if you need me to fed-ex mine over to you if your jammed up with a problem.

Re: Miprom Tool - 01/05/12 03:50 AM

just so everyone knows, kone spares has a tool that will interface the miprom sl, miprom 21, door operators, miprom 1, escalator and lon network. the tool has everything included, and sells for 4300 dollars. we ended up borrowing one locally, and got the miprom sl fire service working with the change of a couple of parameters. sure is nice to have the right tool for the job.
Posted By: chitownslick

Re: Miprom Tool - 01/09/12 06:04 PM

The Miprom service tool is now nonproprietary. It actually belongs to Cetek and can be purchased from them. Cetek, Inc.

Business Address: 19284 252nd Avenue
Bettendorf, Iowa 52722
Posted By: Broke_Sheave

Re: Miprom Tool - 01/10/12 12:20 AM

Strange..The MP21 tool is not mentioned on the Cetek site. With world getting around $5000 a tool you would have thought Cetek would be shouting about a tool all over their site.

The operator that it will talk to as well is the Mac Marathon. (The cable driven monstrosity)...

Re: Miprom Tool - 01/10/12 04:35 AM

I was thinking the same thing, why spend 5000 at world to interface only the miprom 21, when you can get this unit from kone spares, and it will talk to a variety of none equipment i listed above.. world wants around 1300 just to get the tool that talks to that MAc marathon/ WG door operator, what a monstrosity is right. i had the pleasure of replacing one of those cables as i noted on an earlier post, it was not pleasant. especially since i was not the one who took it off. and no manuals. ps I'm not very mechanically inclined, that also hindered my performance. smile how much is the tool from cetek?
Posted By: Broke_Sheave

Re: Miprom Tool - 01/10/12 04:39 AM

That's what I was wondering as well Scott. No mention of the MP21 tool on their site..
© 2024 Elevator Forum