Home

Hydro Vibrating In Up Leveling

Posted By: ElevatorGuy128

Hydro Vibrating In Up Leveling - 09/18/19 08:07 PM

Recently took over a 2 stop Otis car with twin holeless telescoping pistons and maxton valve. Have an issue when going up, only in up leveling the car will vibrate pretty bad. Spoke with Maxton - tech said wouldnt be in their valve so I cleaned lubircated shoes, rails, packings, etc and saw no issues and the issue remained. I increased the Up Level speed and decreased overall time in leveling and the vibrating went away but car would over shoot a little. After running it a few times in a row the vibration would come back. I am took apart some of the up side of the valve but saw no dirty screens or ports but it seems like everything is pointing to a valve issue since it will only occur in the up direction and when in up leveling...nothing in the down or up full speed.

Any one have any similar issues? Wondering if I missed a port on the valve to clean out or if there are seals or other components in the valve to replace?

Appreciate any help.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Hydro Vibrating In Up Leveling - 09/18/19 10:48 PM

It’s almost definitely the packings. Pretty common on Dover holeless. You could try some soft stop directly on the pistons or in the jacks, scuffing up the pistons, or just repack it.
Posted By: David Myers

Re: Hydro Vibrating In Up Leveling - 09/21/19 03:01 AM

Try adding some Maxglide from Maxton. About 2 gallons should work.
© 2024 Elevator Forum