Home

Dover ibm relay

Posted By: Amullark

Dover ibm relay - 11/05/19 05:22 PM

I have a three car group Dover ibm relay with a group controller also has card reader which has been deactivated cars 1 and 3 are running fine car 2 having issues stopping on all floors and not opening doors example if on 6th floor give a car call to basement elevator will stop at all floors and not cycle doors then will take off and do this on every floor until gets to basement then opens the door does the same thing in the up direction
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Dover ibm relay - 11/05/19 08:00 PM

Is it stepping correctly while doing this? Does it get to high speed before stopping at the next floor? And it does open the doors at the floor with the call in, correct?
Does it do the same if the dispatcher assigns it a hall call?

Re: Dover ibm relay - 11/05/19 08:35 PM

Have not verified the stepping . Will double check for high speed but believe it is . Yes it does open the doors for the floor that the call button was pushed . Doesn’t matter if I hit the car call in controller or hall call in the group controller

Re: Dover ibm relay - 11/06/19 12:16 AM

I’m struggling to see a way for the car to both make a normal slowdown & stop but not open the doors since the door open circuit obviously work. CS Relay is what drops high speed but it also arms the doors to open. Are the stops indistinguishable from a normal run or does it overshoot or come to a full stop then recover into the floor?

Re: Dover ibm relay - 11/06/19 12:21 AM

Wait, this isn’t a traction car is it ? (composite). I assumed WCR hydro.
Posted By: Johnny

Re: Dover ibm relay - 11/06/19 01:42 AM

check the 2LR relays
Posted By: Johnny

Re: Dover ibm relay - 11/06/19 03:07 AM

Sorry meant the LR relay(s)

Re: Dover ibm relay - 11/06/19 10:26 AM

Yes this is a traction car does don’t overshoot floors

Re: Dover ibm relay - 11/06/19 11:57 AM

Sport that was my bad thought I had put composite in there it’s a traction 6 stop with basement

Re: Dover ibm relay - 11/06/19 12:19 PM

Dam spell check that was sorry not sport

Re: Dover ibm relay - 11/06/19 09:20 PM

This could make a little more sense with a Composite. You almost have to be picking CS to initiate a normal slowdown but unlike a WCR, CS does not directly initiate a door open. In this case UC, CC, DC call transfer contacts pick CS and and they also pick CR which picks CST. CST initiated an auto open. So anything that caused CS to pick but not CR like a crossed up or shorted contact on N/O UC, DC, CC, or V in the CS coil circuit. Just to give you somewhere to start.

Re: Dover ibm relay - 11/20/19 11:52 PM

Thanks indirt very helpful much appreciated it ended up being a bad relay on V1 thanks again for your help
© 2024 Elevator Forum