Home

Vertical Express Fire Service issue

Posted By: ElevatorGuy128

Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 03/04/20 09:19 PM

Looking for some help on a vertical express 2 stop hydro.... tried calling tech support for this and was told they won't help because we are not Thyssen techs.

During our recent state test during the fire service portion the inspector discovered a problem. Capture the car using the hall fire key, turn car on to phase 2 in the car and take it to the next floor up...all working good. When we turn the fire switch in the COP to the hold position it will not take calls and will sit with the doors open which is correct. The problem is that when on hold the door close button should be disabled however if you press it the doors will begin to close - it is constant pressure so if the switch is in the hold position and you press and hold the door close button the door will fully close. Once fully closed if you release the button the doors remain closed, if you press the open button the doors will not open. In other words on fire phase 2 with the key in the hold position, someone could theoretically walk into the car and hold the close button until the doors fully close and then would be trapped inside. as a result the elevator was shutdown and as i said a couple of attempts to get tech support on this have been useless. I believe this has been this way since original install since this inspector is a new guy and pretty thorough to say the least so in the past it has never been picked up. Thinking its a programming issue, all other functions of fire service work properly.

Hoping someone might have some insight on the issue, where and how to look/change any type of programming if needed or possibly send along a contact that is willing to troubleshoot this with us.

Thanks
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 03/05/20 01:21 AM

Is it a Tac-20?
Posted By: Johnny

Re: Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 03/06/20 07:07 PM

Assuming you have an ICON Controller, what is fire Service adjustment F16 set at?? If you are not in a state where there is some farout code deviation,IE Detroit, New York LA,etc., then it should be set at 13. The last number in the manual is 12, but there is a 13 and it is ANSI A17.1 2012 edition I think. You could also add a relay in the car station that is picked up when you go to hold and use NC contacts to open common to the door close buttons.
0=No Fire Service
1=Ansi-1993
2=Chicago Building Code
3=California
4=New York City RS18-1
5=Massachusetts
6=ANSI 1988
7=Houston
8=Michigan
9=B44
10=White Plains, NY
11=ANSI 2000
12=B44-2000

Re: Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 03/07/20 01:43 AM

I tried all on my simulator and none allowed the door close button to function on phase 2 hold.

Re: Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 03/07/20 02:28 AM

I don't have a print handy, could it be wired to an incorrect input?/ I tried the fire service on a two stop today and door close does not allow the door close to function.

Re: Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 03/07/20 02:29 AM

In hold position

Re: Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 03/09/20 08:27 PM

appreciate all the responses.... im up in MA so our codes are little crazy. its an IMPACT controller. pic attached.

Attached File
23 norfolk.jpg  (70 downloads)

Re: Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 03/09/20 08:49 PM

That is definitely not a Tac20... Nevermind

Re: Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 03/10/20 06:59 PM

I would wire a relay to pick when you put the phase two switch in the hold position. Then use the contacts to disconnect the door close signal.

Re: Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 03/10/20 07:00 PM

Is an Impact controller a Dover/TKE controller?

Re: Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 03/10/20 11:23 PM

Not one that I’ve ever seen.
Posted By: ranger33

Re: Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 03/11/20 03:07 AM

It looks like a Swift Meridia. There is a manual on Vertical Express website that looks similar to the CE/Swift ones.
Posted By: JHessorz

Re: Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 03/14/20 02:10 PM

I knew TK aquired CE but I didnt realize it was pre Futura. Worked on the 5000's, Meridias, and Futuras, but ive never seen one that looked like this. I remember them being Bluish Purple but everything , CPU , modules, and Contactors are all lined up exactly the same, is this still CE or is this a TK touch up?
Posted By: MILTRONICS

Re: Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 04/12/20 05:18 PM

Please feel free to contact Issa Lwaysi from Miltronics Inc. @ (917) - 417 - 7389. We provide FREE Tech support for all CEC swift 5000, Futura, & Merida related equipment. 24/7 SUPPORT

Re: Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 04/23/20 04:35 PM

johnny, not sure of the input, will definitely check it. not familiar at all with this product and the prints were snagged before we got in.

Re: Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 04/24/20 04:23 PM

Troubleshoot it more today using the swift tool and wasn’t able to see anything in the program regarding it - tried on medical service and it works properly which tells me it’s more likely programming.

Anyone use the swift futura wizard? Wondering if there’s anyway to program an additional bit that says when input for fire phase 2 is on Hold position then DCB is disabled or something along those lines
Posted By: Rolly

Re: Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 04/24/20 05:14 PM

You can log in with hyperterminal at a 19,200 baud rate and do a BITD and see the states of bits, Set or Reset. You can also change them.
Posted By: Montana

Re: Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 04/24/20 11:57 PM

Do you have a manual for the VE Impact?
Posted By: Montana

Re: Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 04/25/20 01:04 AM

ElevatorGuy128, I'm not seeing any F/S bit settings that would change anything with the door operation on F/S phase 2 hold. I believe I installed the 11th Impact in the country 10 years ago. VE discontinued them before we were done with the adjusting. One of the big 4 just modernized one in Helena. PM me for more info.

Re: Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 04/27/20 10:35 AM

Montana I actually do have a VE Impact manual - went through it a bunch of times and wasn't able to see any setting that would account for this either.... spoke with a tech on the phone who has reviewing it but never got back to me. My thinking is that this has been like this all along but was only recently picked up...either that or the CNA board behind the COP could be damaged? We've been pushing them on a changeover but its a small two stop and its not used often so they don't see the point in spending the money

Re: Vertical Express Fire Service issue - 05/11/20 10:58 AM

Tech that I was hoping would help seems to have blown me off completely as we haven't heard so looks like the customer is going to Thyssen to get it fixed. Appreciate the responses though - if i find out what the issue was i'll post it for sure
© 2024 Elevator Forum