Home

Dover Solid State (Oildraulic)

Posted By: Elev Guy

Dover Solid State (Oildraulic) - 03/10/20 06:29 PM

One of my fellow mechanics is having a problem with the car randomly going to different floors without any input such as car calls or hall calls. Sounds a bit strange to me. I was thinking that it could possibly be power supply problems. Any other thoughts? Thanks!
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Dover Solid State (Oildraulic) - 03/10/20 11:21 PM

The power supply is definitely the place to start.
Posted By: TC7

Re: Dover Solid State (Oildraulic) - 03/12/20 03:35 AM

I've heard of this happening because its parked at a floor and loses DZ input, at which point the car thinks it's not at a floor, so it runs to go find one. I think in this case DZ magnetic switch was replaced, because the internal contacts weren't conducting well.

Re: Dover Solid State (Oildraulic) - 03/12/20 12:37 PM

That's a great idea. I'll let him know to check that. Thanks for the input TC7.
Posted By: Johnny

Re: Dover Solid State (Oildraulic) - 03/13/20 06:31 PM

Does the car run to a random floor after making a run, or does it just sit at a floor and randomly go to a floor?? Do the lights for car and hall calls light dimly on the cards? If the former, look into the closing sequence. First you get the gate signal, (X5 I think), then you get the door lock (X8 or X8a), then you break the DCL. I have seen x5 go high and then go low for a second, (dirty gate switch in Operator), get x8 and then get x5 aagain and this causes the car to run one floor (up if you have 4 slot cards and down if you have 3 slot cards.
If the latter, look for a bad ground. The board ground is the center tap on the transformer.

Re: Dover Solid State (Oildraulic) - 03/16/20 12:57 PM

Thanks Johnny. Those are great tips. I will have him check into these.
© 2024 Elevator Forum