Home

KONE MUL Board Replacement

Posted By: Truegrit2

KONE MUL Board Replacement - 04/09/20 10:06 AM

Ive got a KONE acting up with a 048 fault. I got here by trying to toubleshoot RIFF board (phone not working) by swapping it out with adjacent car. After swapping board, elevator goes to nearest floor and holds door open (fault 48). I thought i may have messed up the cable between RIFF and MUL but have tested and seems okay, which is leading me to believe the MUL is bad?

If MUL replacement is needed, do i have to reprogram the COP?

Thanks!
Posted By: Dmhughes

Re: KONE MUL Board Replacement - 04/09/20 06:38 PM

Check safe edges bud 48 is reopen device probably why your doors are staying open??

Re: KONE MUL Board Replacement - 04/09/20 08:25 PM

Thank you Dmhughes. I double checked that the small red light is going off and back on when i break the plane. the edge plugs direcly into the operator. is there a better way to check?

Thanks!
Posted By: lowoil

Re: KONE MUL Board Replacement - 04/10/20 12:58 AM

Have you tried a lon download? Usually required after introducing a different new board.

Re: KONE MUL Board Replacement - 04/11/20 10:35 AM

Hi, have you got anymore faults logged ?

Re: KONE MUL Board Replacement - 04/13/20 11:47 AM

No Sir, Just the 048

Re: KONE MUL Board Replacement - 04/13/20 03:29 PM

If it’s not the input from safe edge it maybe a faulty D/O button, it’s stating that they’re open device is triggered?
Posted By: KONE89

Re: KONE MUL Board Replacement - 04/17/20 02:26 PM

put the lift on fire service inside the car, if the doors close normal on fire service you have a Photocell fault. Sensors/cables/board for the sensors could be faulty. 0048 is photocell or door open button i highly doubt you have a faulty MUL Board. Also you dont need to do a LON download when changing the photocell board.
Posted By: E-man

Re: KONE MUL Board Replacement - 04/18/20 07:52 PM

Is the Door Open Command LED on the CPU lit up? I've seen those edge cables break at the connector.

Re: KONE MUL Board Replacement - 04/22/20 12:30 AM

Thanks all! I'll be back onsite tomorrow armed with a few good leads! Much Appreciated!

Re: KONE MUL Board Replacement - 05/01/20 11:17 AM

Quick update: detector and DO button are okay... all associated boards, cords and programming turned out okay. The problem was dip switch 1 (force LIM A) set to ON, on S! on the cartop LCECCBN2 board. 048 fault all day.

Thanks for your help!
© 2024 Elevator Forum