Home

6010 Drive Replacement

Posted By: solidstate

6010 Drive Replacement - 07/05/20 11:19 AM

I understand that there is a drive replacement option for the 6010? The Otis branch supposedly just did one.

Any one with information on this development?
Posted By: john jay

Re: 6010 Drive Replacement - 07/05/20 11:59 AM

I think that would not be very cost-effective. The landing system on most 6010's was not very accurate, just mfs and rail switches. Are they planning to re-use the DCV motor? I mean if you are going to replace the landing system, and use an ACV drive, you might as well do a complete Mod. The only way it might be feasible is that they are trying to get around building code requirements. Like if they change the controller they have to add fire service and shunt trips to the building. Interesting.
Posted By: ABE

Re: 6010 Drive Replacement - 07/05/20 03:58 PM

Im not sure if they make a interface for the 6010 but I know Cetek makes conversions for the old Allen Bradley drives used on the miproms. It would be worth giving them a call. https://cetekinc.com/elevator-drive-panels
Posted By: Montana

Re: 6010 Drive Replacement - 07/05/20 04:11 PM

Are you blowing the 60 amp fuses? Getting a hard vibrating rough ride? Might just need new SCR's and a pulse sensor board.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: 6010 Drive Replacement - 07/05/20 04:57 PM

Wow that would be a trick. I’m sure putting a DSD412 on it could be figured out but the drive is like 80% of a 6010 controller. There must be a write up though because I don’t think Otis would let something like that be field engineered.
Posted By: solidstate

Re: 6010 Drive Replacement - 07/05/20 05:08 PM

Yeah I got to get pics of it and more detail. When he first told me that they replaced the drive, I thought I misunderstood him. Asked him again a few months later and he said yes and it was very involved. I will see what I can find out and post more later.

FYI I am not needing a replacement right now just did not think that was possible.
Posted By: Philly

Re: 6010 Drive Replacement - 08/25/20 04:04 AM

I couldn't even imagine the shitstorm involved in if jumping down that rabbit hole
© 2024 Elevator Forum