Home

Manual for adjusting door operator on Otis 211

Posted By: Chainring

Manual for adjusting door operator on Otis 211 - 07/08/20 06:57 PM

Just took over an Otis 211, and Unitec won’t provide a setup manual for it since it isn’t something they sell to third parties.

Handwritten info off operator

“Model # AAA25580x (or possibly R)7
Serial 3140“

Open is snatchy, and it doesn’t open all the way.

Anyone have a manual that shows the mechanical setup (I suspect that is part of the problem) and how to do a learn run?

Thanks!
Sopmod223@hotmail.com
Posted By: ElevatorGuy128

Re: Manual for adjusting door operator on Otis 211 - 07/09/20 07:28 PM

so is the issue with the door not opening fully? if thats the case it sounds like the DOL needs some adjusting.
Posted By: boomer

Re: Manual for adjusting door operator on Otis 211 - 07/10/20 03:03 AM

Did you look on unitec s website they’d have a couple of manuals on there I got a setup sheet for the I motion a couple weeks ago

Re: Manual for adjusting door operator on Otis 211 - 07/13/20 12:43 AM

I’ll keep digging online for it, but the paperwork on the job just says to refer to the documentation that came with the operator (for adjustments, etc.) which just isn’t there.
Posted By: Jluff

Re: Manual for adjusting door operator on Otis 211 - 07/13/20 12:20 PM

I have i motion set up guide. Do you need that ?
Posted By: Local8Elev8rman

Re: Manual for adjusting door operator on Otis 211 - 07/14/20 12:01 AM

Which door operator is it? IMotion or AT400?

Re: Manual for adjusting door operator on Otis 211 - 09/23/20 04:39 PM

It isn’t an AT-400, so I guess an IMotion? It doesn’t have a discernible model name, just a series of numbers that don’t see to tie to any particular United/Otis door operator when googled.
Two pulleys and a dolor arm, 2001 era, pulleys are read by optical sensors, a motor and a blue box with a red digital readout and “up, down, enter” buttons. I have pictures but am not sure how to post them.
Went ahead and played with a “setup” command and got all the way to a “learn run” when it said, “WARNING, E-Stop ignored, Enter to continue or _____ to quit.” So I quit, not knowing what E-stop meant!

I need a manual that instructs on physical setup AND digital adjustment. I’m pretty sure someone has either messed with the adjustments or loose bolts allowed them to shift - there is evidence of wildly different settings on some of the sliding and slotted physical adjustments.

Posted By: Rev1

Re: Manual for adjusting door operator on Otis 211 - 09/23/20 08:08 PM

The warning just means you didn't depress the red e-stop button on the side of the opener. You don't have to depress the e-stop regardless. Just acknowledge the warning and continue with the run. If something isn't right in your programming (door type ,multidrop, etc.), It will just say learn run aborted and you will be back to were you started so no harm no foul, usually haha. As previously mentioned it could be dol sensor. Easy to watch, it just blocks the sensor on full open so see if it moved. Good luck.

Re: Manual for adjusting door operator on Otis 211 - 09/24/20 05:02 PM

Excellent, thank you!
Posted By: Jluff

Re: Manual for adjusting door operator on Otis 211 - 09/26/20 11:40 AM

You have an I motion.

Re: Manual for adjusting door operator on Otis 211 - 09/27/20 10:46 PM

Right!
© 2024 Elevator Forum