Home

Kone KCM BATTERY TEST /LOW BATTERY

Posted By: Jluff

Kone KCM BATTERY TEST /LOW BATTERY - 07/21/20 03:09 PM

01-69 fault. Automatic battery test detected low battery. Battery is broken or main line off too long. Which battery is this and Where is this battery located ?

Re: Kone KCM BATTERY TEST /LOW BATTERY - 07/21/20 04:14 PM

Found it. In car top. It’s a 12v battery. It reads 13.7v. But I’m going to replace it anyway.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Kone KCM BATTERY TEST /LOW BATTERY - 07/21/20 08:29 PM

First off, that battery doesn’t read 13.7 volts. The charging circuit does. Unless it’s a brand new battery and you just unplugged it.

You can also tell the controller to ignore the low battery for 23 hours so you can go back with a new one. If the controller has been off, sometimes that’s enough time for the battery to charge and you don’t need to replace it.
Posted By: heisenberg

Re: Kone KCM BATTERY TEST /LOW BATTERY - 07/21/20 10:47 PM

It has nothing to do with a low voltage, the system initiates a small current draw from the battery every 24 hours.
If the batteries internal Amp hour is no longer giving out the needed amps, you get the fault.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Kone KCM BATTERY TEST /LOW BATTERY - 07/21/20 11:52 PM

It hardly has nothing to do with the voltage. A discharged battery can fail a load test but pass after getting a full charge.

Re: Kone KCM BATTERY TEST /LOW BATTERY - 07/22/20 01:24 PM

Dirt you are right. The battery only reads 13.7 volts right after I took leads off. Today is reads 11.5 volts. I replaced it temporarily with a new 12v. 5AH until I get the 12v 7.0AH. So far it didn’t fault out after 24 hours. I will have new battery tomorrow
Posted By: Upndn40yrs

Re: Kone KCM BATTERY TEST /LOW BATTERY - 08/03/20 03:48 AM

There is a parameter which bypasses the voltage testing. Max setting is 22 hours 5-14 set to 22 allows unit to continue working till battery is charged or replaced
© 2024 Elevator Forum