Home

txr5 controller

Posted By: Scott Davidson

txr5 controller - 02/02/12 03:24 AM

i guess we just picked up a new job with this controller . the route guy says schindler wants to come by and remove the remote monitoring equipment. he says there is a simm card in each controller that is needed for diagnostics i have never heard of these cars much less worked on one the question came up about the possibility of copying the simm card in case schindler removes them while on site. i told him i did not think that they would make it that easy if the intent was to disable the diagnostics in the first place any one have any insight into these controllers guess i will be troubleshooting them sooner or later any info is appreciated
Posted By: kiwinightstalker

Re: txr5 controller - 02/02/12 11:07 AM

easy just be there with him and invite the customer to be there too.... and if he tries to remove the card then you can back the customer up in saying it is HIS equipment that HE paid for and if schindler tries to remove a simm card they will be thrown off site and if he protests call the police and have him arrested for trespass!!!!
Posted By: Vatorman15

Re: txr5 controller - 02/02/12 04:51 PM

In Wisconsin, the simm card belongs to the customer. I would not allow anyone on site that did not have the current contract. You could remove the simm card before the Schindler guy gets there, let him take the remote monitoring and go.
Posted By: halfpick

Re: txr5 controller - 02/03/12 01:26 AM

If you remove the SIM card before he gets there and you have more than one unit, mark down which unit it came from. Return it back to that unit ONLY....Installing SIM cards to wrong unit will cause problems! I looked alittle into copying SIM cards....Looks like it can be done....These things are highly proprietary,but very good units if maintained! Good Luck finding parts!
Posted By: Broke_Sheave

Re: txr5 controller - 02/03/12 03:18 AM

Just like anything out there. You got parts, literature, and dignostics, you can fix anything.....

The more proprietary the equipment, the harder all the above is to accomplish.
Posted By: J Sand

Re: txr5 controller - 02/04/12 04:40 PM

Don't let him take the Sim card. From what I know/heard, much like the DMC's, they'll run fine until a fatal error/power loss etc. Then you lose everything.
Posted By: E-man

Re: txr5 controller - 02/06/12 04:11 AM

I thought the Big S's argument was that the SIMM card was a "tool" and it belongs to S?
Posted By: J Sand

Re: txr5 controller - 02/06/12 04:28 AM

it holds all parameters
Posted By: TKE

Re: txr5 controller - 02/16/12 04:31 PM

Simm chips are marked as property of Schindler Elevator they also have specific serial numbers on each chip (very important). Loosing the chip or having a black chip install will limit your ability to trouble shoot and make parameter changes.
Posted By: GreenPants

Re: txr5 controller - 02/17/12 02:35 AM

on a side note anyone know the schindler login for the elevator monitoring/display computer?
Posted By: Scott Davidson

Re: txr5 controller - 02/17/12 02:40 AM

ABCD thats it for the 330A , try it out

Re: txr5 controller - 02/17/12 10:43 PM

Also on a 330 or TX, press the two outside buttons simultaneously and it takes you straight to car call commands.

Re: txr5 controller - 02/17/12 10:46 PM

I was under the impression the SIMM card let's you access and change parameters.

Re: txr5 controller - 02/18/12 04:14 AM

not the controller display scmmd or whatever its called, i have the login for that, UNTR on this job. I'm talking about the pc that is for a lobby panel, like a otis elevator management syst, EMS. this job has a remote display for security/lobby panel.

Re: txr5 controller - 02/18/12 05:33 PM

Schindler Lobbyvision?

Re: txr5 controller - 02/21/12 01:02 AM

ya i guess thats whats its called. this is our first trx5 job. you can't do a whole lot with the generic building security login and password that we have. I'm wondering if we can capture cars from the machine room terminal without having to login to the controller and do the kfm thing.
i love getting the chance to learn about other equipment besides the otis stuff on my route, gets boring looking at the same stuff all day.

Re: txr5 controller - 02/21/12 01:10 AM

I'll find out, none of my TX jobs have Lobbyvision but we have several jobs that do. I just always use the SMLCD in the controller unless I'm working on an M10 problem.

Re: txr5 controller - 02/21/12 09:58 PM

You will be able to pull car or cars out on block operation such as Independent service,Security.... Lock floors out. Run random car or hall calls........... You can also set parameters to show traffic patterns whether it be in pie chart or block form....

Re: txr5 controller - 02/22/12 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: E-man
I thought the Big S's argument was that the SIMM card was a "tool" and it belongs to S?

Okay...I'll bite...So you don't need the SIMM to diagnose the elvator? If you do wouldn't that make it proprieatary?

Not to even mention the CADI. I've heard they don't even issue those until you go to school in Holland..

Re: txr5 controller - 02/23/12 07:47 PM

YOU NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED THE SIMM PERIOD...........

Re: txr5 controller - 02/23/12 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Vatorman15
YOU NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED THE SIMM PERIOD...........

Exactly...
Posted By: classic_chevy

Re: txr5 controller - 02/28/12 05:23 AM

Schindler tech can run telegrams on the CADI to wipe the simm chip without you even knowing and leave the simm chip there.
Posted By: Matt_M

Re: txr5 controller - 12/04/15 11:41 AM

Is this the MX-GC controller ?
Posted By: Vatorgator

Re: txr5 controller - 12/05/15 02:07 AM

we decided to pass on the controller, sounded like a headache. We have been passing on all the new schindler and kone mrl cars.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: txr5 controller - 12/30/15 01:52 AM

TK has a work around for the SIM, not for the CADI though.
© 2024 Elevator Forum