Home

Vibration Issue

Posted By: wltr00

Vibration Issue - 09/10/20 12:14 AM

I’ve got a 4 car group of TAC50-04’s, 32 bit CPUA with DAF380 gearless machines. 26 Floors. All 4 cars have noticeable vibration issues. I've heard from a mechanic that previously worked for tke and he says that there was a bulletin for the DAF380 machines stating something to the effect of there being an issue with the “rotor shaft and keyway connecting to the sheave” but he has no documentation to support this. He says there was a bulletin or recall on these machines but it was a small number of them that were affected. I can’t find anything on this. I was wondering if anyone on this forum has heard of this or has any familiarity with this issue. Thanks
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Vibration Issue - 09/10/20 12:32 AM

I have not heard of that issue but if they are regen drives, make sure the verr test point is zeroed out with the potentiometer. If it isn’t a steady vibration try tapping/wiggling the little IGBT plugs while the car is running. If you hear any difference from the drive replace the harness. They can be flakey, especially when they are shoved on too far. Beyond that, get a scope and go through the ride quality adjustment section of the 50-04 manual.
Posted By: crustyone

Re: Vibration Issue - 09/15/20 07:29 AM

How is the tacho mounted to the hoist motor. The tacho shaft should be connected to the motor shaft with a plastic hose to isolate possible earth loop problems that cause a vibration through the ropes.
© 2024 Elevator Forum