Home

Help identifying and finding a replacement part.

Posted By: MulattoTech

Help identifying and finding a replacement part. - 12/01/20 08:02 PM

Howdy y'all!

I'm trying to help a local electrician identify a part for a very old Kimball Brothers elevator that his company has begun repairs on. So far they're just trying to locate a part and replace it with a suitable fit, however if things need to go much further beyond that, they plan on turning over the project for our company to work on. Until then, we're just trying to help a fellow small business out.

Based on the photos below, which I'll also upload to this post. Can anyone tell me what sort of a part this might be? These are the photos that I've taken of this part as it currently sits on my side desk. There's also a picture of the part while its still on the elevator, as well as the data plate for this elevator. https://imgur.com/a/67RL5il

If anyone has ANY info/guidance/anything please don't be shy.

Thanks everybody!

Attached File
Side2.jpeg  (84 downloads)
Attached File
side1.jpeg  (32 downloads)
Attached File
Front.jpeg  (33 downloads)
Attached File
Top.jpeg  (23 downloads)
Attached File
Bottom.jpeg  (25 downloads)
Posted By: M2RE

Re: Help identifying and finding a replacement part. - 12/01/20 10:43 PM

Relay Coil.

Re: Help identifying and finding a replacement part. - 12/01/20 11:00 PM

Thanks M2RE. Do you happen to have any idea where I might begin to look for a suitable replacement? By suitable I mean one that is dimensionally the same so that it can fit back onto the part of the elevator that it goes on.

Thanks a TON!
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Help identifying and finding a replacement part. - 12/02/20 01:15 AM

I wonder if you could re-wind it. You would just need the right size magnet wire and a way to estimate how much wire was on it.
Posted By: M2RE

Re: Help identifying and finding a replacement part. - 12/02/20 01:38 AM

Unfortunately I couldn’t find. At the worst case scenario you can rewind it. Is the Coil open?
Posted By: heisenberg

Re: Help identifying and finding a replacement part. - 12/02/20 03:08 AM

Try contacting O'Keefe Elevator company in Omaha, they took over Kimball Bros elevator company. They may have an idea on how to repair or replace that part.

Re: Help identifying and finding a replacement part. - 12/02/20 03:59 PM

Thanks all, and thanks heisenberg. I tried to look up the number for O'Keefe yesterday but I wound up talking to Thyssen instead. I was able to find the correct number for O'Keefe this morning (properly caffeinated this time I suppose), and spoke with Sam from their service department who is going to try and give me a hand locating the part.

Thanks a bunch once again everybody!
Posted By: Jblack83

Re: Help identifying and finding a replacement part. - 12/03/20 01:55 PM

It is a relay coil. Looks to be possibly a Montgomery Christmas tree relay coil. Can't remember is those were called armour or sergeant relays... 120vac.
Posted By: NY Guy

Re: Help identifying and finding a replacement part. - 12/21/20 01:45 AM

That’s an old S and S relay coil. Obsoleted about 15 years ago. I might have that coil on one of our spare parts shelf. I will check on Tuesday. If not, call Mega Elevator Parts in New York to replace the entire relay.

Nyguy
Posted By: KSNY

Re: Help identifying and finding a replacement part. - 03/18/21 03:08 PM

Trico MFG in brooklyn NY will have this. They have everything its an SS coil
© 2024 Elevator Forum