Home

Dover I2 question

Posted By: BRG

Dover I2 question - 01/08/21 10:14 PM

I have heard several horror stories about the I2 up leveling adjuster. I took a call on an old DMC that will not run up. The gauge port between the pump and the valve reads about 40psi when it's running. Looks like it is trying to run but the thing sits there. The coils are good as they are energizing but the thing sits there.
Posted By: M2RE

Re: Dover I2 question - 01/08/21 10:18 PM

Does it run in inspection?
Posted By: john jay

Re: Dover I2 question - 01/08/21 11:10 PM

If the valve or MR is cold, you may need to run till it warms up. I have had that happen a number of times.
Posted By: ABE

Re: Dover I2 question - 01/09/21 01:00 AM

If that leveling adjuster screen is plugged up that's exactly what will happen. The screen is so fine your better off just replacing it, I wouldn't even try to clean it. All our guys carry a spare one in their trucks its such a common occurrence.
Posted By: elmcannic

Re: Dover I2 question - 01/09/21 04:16 AM

On this DMC, check for broken shunt wires on the TSL limit switch assy. If it’ll run up on INSP but won’t move up at all on auto, that’s classic TSL symptom.
True also is the clogged up leveler screen.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Dover I2 question - 01/09/21 04:30 PM

Definitely sounds like the screen is clogged. Do anything but tear the screen off! I hope that sounds as ridiculous to all of you as it is but you would be surprised how often I find a car with these symptoms and go to replace the part only to find someone has just ripped the screen off. Pretty much screwed at that point. Best just to keep them on the truck.

Re: Dover I2 question - 01/09/21 05:17 PM

Thanks, I will check all of the possible causes mentioned. The machine room is quite warm so that one has been eliminated.
Posted By: TC7

Re: Dover I2 question - 01/10/21 01:04 AM

Also will reduce leveling speed if O Ring on up leveling adjuster is leaking
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Dover I2 question - 01/10/21 04:20 PM

God point, with bad o-rings it can also turn itself out on its own until you have no up level speed. If you can turn it by hand the o-rings need to be replaced.

Re: Dover I2 question - 01/11/21 04:56 PM

Turns out there were 2 broken wires and a broken contact. Thanks for the help, was not looking forward to pulling the pump and I learned a little about Dover equipment t.
Posted By: john jay

Re: Dover I2 question - 01/11/21 08:47 PM

That doesn't compute with the original post. If the coils were energized the car should move up; if it wasn't moving with energized coils, it indicates a valve issue. Cannot understand how the broken wires caused a hydraulic issue.
© 2024 Elevator Forum