Home

Tac 20 starter problems

Posted By: Jluff

Tac 20 starter problems - 02/17/21 04:34 PM

Got a Tac 20 hydro. When it starts up Siemens starter says motor up to voltage then low leg amp fault and contactor drops out and stater goes blank . My main line power is good. Motor sounds fine on start up. Any time I have seen these Siemens starters go blank screen they needed to be replaced. Has anyone seen this before ?
Posted By: Elevatorguy619

Re: Tac 20 starter problems - 02/17/21 07:35 PM

Probably and issue with the starter itself, Have you called Siemens?
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Tac 20 starter problems - 02/18/21 01:18 AM

TAC20s will remove power to the starter on an init shutdown. If the motor tests good and you’re sure the 3 phase is solid, replace the starter.

Re: Tac 20 starter problems - 02/26/21 01:00 AM

Replaced the starter now it stays on but motor is bad . Got two low legs and smoke coming from motor. There was Supposedly no power problems In the building.
Posted By: Dbelevatorguy

Re: Tac 20 starter problems - 02/27/21 07:49 AM

So, Im going through the same thing on a tac20. What ended up being the fix? I was having intermittent low leg faults too(every 3 months), then one night I walked in on the soft start off completely. Cycled power several times and it finally hooked up and let the car come down.

Re: Tac 20 starter problems - 03/04/21 12:53 PM

Well my motor is bad. In the process of replacing it. You shoukd check your daily log on the starter. It will save the info for the last 3 faults. Look to see which legs are low. Then change your wire configuration at the bottom of the drive and at the fault contactor. Move each wire one spot to the left. So if it’s 1-2-3 at bottom of drive change it to 2-3-1. Do the same at fault contactor. If it’s 6-4-5. Change it to 4-5-6. Then when it happens again check the fault log on drive to see if the low legs moved with the new wire configuration. If they moved the same as wiring the motor is the problem. If they don’t change the drive is the problem.
Posted By: BriggTrim

Re: Tac 20 starter problems - 08/30/21 08:05 AM

Hi....At the point when you go out to attempt to begin it, will be it totally dead, or does it give a clicking sound and go dead, or does it simply wrench slow. In case you are doing a ton of investigating (beginning and halting the motor) and not getting a lot of run time, and in addition to if the motor is somewhat difficult to begin, I am contemplating whether this action might be depleting the battery low. What amount of time does it require before it goes dead?
Posted By: Montana

Re: Tac 20 starter problems - 08/31/21 12:09 AM

Do you have the phone number for Siemens tech support?
© 2024 Elevator Forum