Home

Otis 211 Stuck on NAV

Posted By: Jdiggiddy

Otis 211 Stuck on NAV - 04/30/21 12:59 PM

Need a Hand on a 211 if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated. Car is now stuck on NAV mode. here is step by step what happened. doing a pressure test. once done was at the bottom floor, cycled power and after power up car is now stuck on NAV, (Not Available), Car was in operation before the test. there was no logged faults. spoke to a buddy of mine saying that some random times if power was shutoff while car was at bottom floor the car will get lost and to bring it to the middle of hoistway on inspection, reset and let the car find itself. this all seemed weird, as the no matter what floor zone i was in it would level into that floor and the PI would be correct. is there a way to get out of this mode. Not sure anyone has seen this specifically but any help would be awesome. Do have the Blue tool. Went through pretty much everything but im still reading through manuals to see if i missed something.

thank you

Jdiggiddy
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Otis 211 Stuck on NAV - 04/30/21 06:25 PM

You do have safe right? C LED is lit. They will say NAV with safe open. Like if the stop switch gets flipped on the IOBD.
And not sure if the car would say NAV but I’d make sure there isn’t a conflict of inspection inputs like TCIC, TCI, IIS, MIS.
Posted By: beaupeep

Re: Otis 211 Stuck on NAV - 04/30/21 08:00 PM

This may sound dumb, but is it a soft start or contactors? I once had the overload trip while doing this and it threw me off.
Posted By: TC7

Re: Otis 211 Stuck on NAV - 05/01/21 02:31 PM

I have been hearing about more instances of Otis equipment losing eeprom . On 211 it's the chip that holds parameters, U26. If you rule out normal elevator problems, it may be a bad memory location on chip.

If this is the case you will have to get a chip burner, and possibly making copy of a similar working elevator, check all parameters, etc.
Posted By: Chrish2019

Re: Otis 211 Stuck on NAV - 05/03/21 09:38 PM

Will car work from car top inspection? Is it a Twin post or single cylinder jack?
Posted By: DripCan

Re: Otis 211 Stuck on NAV - 05/04/21 07:57 PM

did you do a clo cl1 cl2 reset
Posted By: smithereens

Re: Otis 211 Stuck on NAV - 03/07/24 12:17 AM

What was the resolution of this? I am having this issue right now. Can run all day on inspection but says NAV on normal. My OCSS status is NAV but my MCSS status is IDL. Fuses are good, safety circuit is good.
Posted By: boomer

Re: Otis 211 Stuck on NAV - 03/09/24 04:14 AM

Try clearing the Ram.
Posted By: smithereens

Re: Otis 211 Stuck on NAV - 03/12/24 03:38 PM

Yes iv cleared both pf and sac ram multiple times and done clro clr1 clr2 clears.
The only time I get an error is if I stop at a floor on inspection I get an FLRP error. Iv changed the selector board and the IO board.
© 2024 Elevator Forum