Home

Montgomery Brake

Posted By: wltr00

Montgomery Brake - 06/14/21 03:43 PM

I've got a Montgomery motor that's about 50-60 years old with an AC brake coil. It was recently modded to Smartrise C4 which only works with a DC brake coil. I think the only way I can fix the problem is to have a DC brake coil custom built to fit this motor. It requires a 2A pick. Looking for any ideas that you guys may have. Thanks
Posted By: OH boy

Re: Montgomery Brake - 06/23/21 04:05 PM

Wltr00 did you call smart rise? They should have an option for ac brake. Seems to me that when it was surveyed that should have been included(ac brake coil) I would not recommend trying to re-engineer what's there. Huge liability for you your company
Posted By: liftronic

Re: Montgomery Brake - 11/28/21 04:40 AM

wltr00, be extremely cautious about their brake control system specially their brake boards, this is my personal experience, they are not safe at all. My mechanic was working on top of the car, and the controller was on construction mode. The brake board failed in an unsafe state and kept the brakes open and even the brake contactor didn't drop. We were lucky that he could get off the car before it sped up.
Posted By: john jay

Re: Montgomery Brake - 11/28/21 01:08 PM

This is what happens when a salesman does the Mod Survey. Keeping a 50-year-old motor and brake is ridiculous.
© 2024 Elevator Forum