Home

Dover DMC-I Hydraulic Fluid Type Weight Question

Posted By: rush

Dover DMC-I Hydraulic Fluid Type Weight Question - 09/18/21 10:04 PM

Hello, does anyone know what kind and weight of hydraulic fluid a Dover DMC-I series elevator takes? Ours (installed 1986) is down at least 10 gallons. Thank you for any help - Vicky
Posted By: john jay

Re: Dover DMC-I Hydraulic Fluid Type Weight Question - 09/19/21 12:08 AM

If memory serves, we always used Tellus 38 Hydraulic fluid for all of our Hydro's,
Posted By: ABE

Re: Dover DMC-I Hydraulic Fluid Type Weight Question - 09/19/21 02:53 PM

typically AW hydraulic 32 is used.
Posted By: Montana

Re: Dover DMC-I Hydraulic Fluid Type Weight Question - 09/19/21 08:32 PM

Don't forget to fill out your hydraulic oil log, which should be located in your maintenance control program required by most states, when you add new or recaptured oil. It is important to know where your oil is going. Is your hydraulic jack leaking oil into the ground? Is your elevator pit full of oil? Is your pumping unit drip pan full? Typically AW32 hyraulic oil. Sounds like you might be a building owner. I would advise you to hire a licensed elevator company to come check out your elevator. If someone tripped walking out of your elevator and took a picture with their phone of your elevator a 1/2" off level and could prove you added hydraulic oil and were not licensed, you're going to most likely be involved in litigation. Having a licensed elevator company work on your elevator is an insurance policy. Good luck, Dover DMC's are great little elevators but are getting pretty old now. I love working on them.

Re: Dover DMC-I Hydraulic Fluid Type Weight Question - 09/20/21 12:14 AM

john jay, ABE, and Montana - thank you for replies, much appreciated!

Re: Dover DMC-I Hydraulic Fluid Type Weight Question - 09/20/21 12:27 AM

Montana, a special thank you to you! Where are you located? NC area by chance? You hit the nail on the head, I am a building owner who likes to understand what needs to be done. Thank you for mentioning all those other things and especially appreciate the legal. Discovered a few days ago whoever touched DMC last (yes, contract) neglected to put the lid back on the hydraulic fluid tank. Your advise is sincerely appreciated. - Vicky
Posted By: john jay

Re: Dover DMC-I Hydraulic Fluid Type Weight Question - 09/20/21 01:00 PM

Abe is correct Tellus 32 instead of 38. Hey, I have been retired for 11 years so I should quit trying to remember numbers. LOL
© 2024 Elevator Forum