Home

Finding seal kits

Posted By: Jluff

Finding seal kits - 10/14/21 05:52 PM

Got a 3 stage telescopic jack from 1988. Need a seal kit but don’t know the manufacturer. The installer is out of business for very long time. The controller manufacturer has no clue. Canton pulled archives from that year and has no clue.. any recommendations at this point.
Posted By: Montana

Re: Finding seal kits - 10/14/21 06:34 PM

Call Texacone or Gorman. They might be able to help you. Post a picture of the jack if you can.

Re: Finding seal kits - 10/14/21 06:34 PM

Call Texacone or Gorman. They might be able to help you. Post a picture of the jack if you can.

Re: Finding seal kits - 10/14/21 06:35 PM

Oops. Haha
Posted By: solidstate

Re: Finding seal kits - 10/14/21 10:46 PM

canton used to use EECO for all multi stage jacks. They do not build their own
Posted By: slider

Re: Finding seal kits - 10/15/21 10:42 AM

You say manufacturer has been out of business for a long time, wasn’t Cemco by any chance?
Posted By: Jluff

Re: Finding seal kits - 10/16/21 12:30 AM

The manufacturer is actually canton. They finally found a drawing. There’s no sync valves in the drawing so I hope there isn’t any... it’s a cantilever 3 stage telescopic from 1987. Do you guys sand the pistons ? What do you use and what type of pattern ?

Re: Finding seal kits - 10/16/21 04:13 AM

I use emery cloth. I typically will go with 120 grit then 180 grit and finish off with 220 grit. It just depends how bad the joint/scratches are. I take a 16" - 18" piece and sand back and forth right to left. Some real bad joints need to have a fine file taken to them first then a 60 or 80 grit then finished with the finer grit. I've seen some bad piston joints on larger jacks that have had to be filed.
© 2024 Elevator Forum