Home

FCU 47

Posted By: Jblack83

FCU 47 - 11/03/21 03:09 AM

Anyone out there having issue with the FCU47 edges? We have had about 20 edges fail that are less than 2yrs old. All of them exhibit the same symptoms. Staying open or reopening at various distance. No mater how you adjust them it won't fix it. You can get it to limp along for a while by removing 1 or both of the dust covers but ultimately will fail. You can replace just the TX from a new edge and it will work just fine again. Replacing the RX by itself will do nothing.
Posted By: ElevatorGuy128

Re: FCU 47 - 11/03/21 01:17 PM

Any power issues with the elevator or in the building? We've had a lot that due to crap power in the area have issues... some will either burn out completely (typically only the brain will need to be replaced though) others will fault out and the indicator light on the brain will stay lit causing the elevator doors to hold open until they go into nudging, in this case we found unplugging the edges for a quick minute and then plugging back in will reset them. However these issues like I said only are happening in areas where power is and has been an issue for a while or where the building experiences some type of power issue like a spike or something. Almost sounds like you're having something similar related to power possibly... maybe call tech support to get their input.
Posted By: Jluff

Re: FCU 47 - 11/04/21 10:53 AM

I have had FCU 47 problems in the past also. I only use Janus now. But ordering from Janus can be annoying recently.. fcu I can buy same day at 2 different places
Posted By: EElevator

Re: FCU 47 - 11/18/21 01:13 AM

I also have had a good number of FCU edges just go bad. Usually the same symptoms jblack described. But for the most part they do last a number of years. Its convenient using them because you can order them from SEES and alot of cars that have MOVFR operators they plug right into your pretty much stuck or to swap to another edge I believe you have to get a different chip/optocoupler from GAL for the operator board.
© 2024 Elevator Forum