Home

Otis Machine Type

Posted By: dandaman

Otis Machine Type - 02/04/22 07:12 PM

Have never encountered one of these machines before and was curious if anyone had modernized this type of elevator. Magnetek mentioned their VVVF drive would not work due to the Y110 voltage the motors require and I have yet to find replacement motors. They are fed by battery banks.

Attached File
IMG_8066.JPG  (99 downloads)
Attached File
IMG_8711.JPG  (99 downloads)
Posted By: ABE

Re: Otis Machine Type - 02/06/22 02:15 AM

I've never seen one only heard the horror stories on that equipment. Does Unitec even sell parts for those machines anymore? I think replacing the whole machine would make the most sense.
Posted By: Alex_ELMAN

Re: Otis Machine Type - 02/06/22 01:57 PM

They are fed by battery bank?! Why?
Posted By: lowoil

Re: Otis Machine Type - 02/06/22 06:29 PM

Mrvf?
Posted By: MBE802

Re: Otis Machine Type - 02/06/22 07:21 PM

Hey guys, new to the group, started my own company but was a prior Green/Blue guy (biggest elevator company in the world). If that is an MRVF which from the motor it would appear to be. There aren't many of them left and are excessively difficult to trouble shoot and fix. When a a lot of these companies say "its obsolete we have to mod it" its usually false. But with this unit, the sooner you could get all of the change the better. That machine is an older system Otis used, the drop for the CW is a little further away from the drive sheave I have seen but the closet thing I can recall is what's called a 270 wrap (270 degrees of traction) not a bad machine if it is that. The groves can have Kevlar inserts made which I would recommend to do during the mod.

If you were going to MOD it I would try and mount up a new AC motor with a flex coupler. Have a motor shop come in and look at the mounting capabilities. They can get you the write AC motor which will work with most new controllers and drives. Smartrise controllers are my favorite non proprietary product right now. They also come with a 5 year warranty. Good luck.
Posted By: jkh

Re: Otis Machine Type - 02/20/22 10:25 PM

It’s a DT series! Looks like a 315…
Posted By: ElsomJonah

Re: Otis Machine Type - 09/17/22 08:33 AM

I’m currently modding two MRVF’s.
We had to have 480 brought up to the MR. It was 208 with the MRVF
Posted By: ElsomJonah

Re: Otis Machine Type - 09/17/22 08:41 AM

If you have batteries it’s MRVF. I ripped out a 270 wrapped Otis machine several months ago. It was a 17 stop relay nightmare before the mod!
Posted By: EElevator

Re: Otis Machine Type - 09/17/22 02:03 PM

I would rip the whole thing out and replace with a gearless torin/SES machine and an ibox controller.

Elsom, how come yall didn't just use a step up iso transformer for the voltage?
© 2024 Elevator Forum