Home

Tac 32 EVO TORQUE LIMIT Help

Posted By: MBE802

Tac 32 EVO TORQUE LIMIT Help - 02/06/22 09:21 PM

Tac 32 Evo Controller, traditional traction machine only runs for about .5 seconds and has an "Torque Limit Fault". Motor is only 2 years old car has been moded. Counter weight was added for addition of new weight.

Accord Drive 663 fault - XS_Torque_Limit - The torque current is greater than 2.5 times the motor nominal current for .5 seconds (if running elevator on Inspection or Automatic Operation.

Things I've done
- Motor Windings ohmed good (9 wire motor multi voltage, wired for high voltage)
- Brake is fully picking
- Safties are not dragging
- 35 amp motor rating, each leg on in-rush current is 28 amps or less.
- The car moves about an inch in each direction before it faults.
- Motor shaft spins 1 1/2 rotations before it faults.
- It has oil and was greased recently (from what I can see)
- They put in a flex coupler with new motor.

Planning to do
- I'm going to pick the brake and see if the car drifts to ultimately tell if it is mechanically bound at all.
- Try and find the parameter settings to increase the time or current to see if I can get it to pull through what ever it is preventing or causing issues as the machine may be seizing and I will get some feed back and noise to narrow in.

Personally I think this is a drive issue, but I need to finish preliminary testing.

My question to to everyone is, has anyone seen this fault and if so was it associated with the Accord drive? Before I go bonkers.

Thank you!

[img]https://gm1.ggpht.com/h1HPTLnR0QMZs...kuMckwjD74LaXQtIGt3escQ=s0-l75-ft-l75-ft[/img]
Posted By: Sam2022

Re: Tac 32 EVO TORQUE LIMIT Help - 02/06/22 10:38 PM

check the velocity encoder and the wiring.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Tac 32 EVO TORQUE LIMIT Help - 02/06/22 11:03 PM

Evo implies it’s an MRL with belts but sounds like it’s a geared machine. It does sound encoder related though and I would start by ringing out the encoder wires from your encoder, through the FWIA card, to both the drive and the IOE. These “Micro Mate-N-Lock” plugs on the FWIA card are very problematic for encoder signals.
Posted By: OH boy

Re: Tac 32 EVO TORQUE LIMIT Help - 02/09/22 06:39 PM

Have you tried to/or unsuccessfully tried an auto tune? Don't know about the evos but I had a lot of Tech 32 model my jobs turned over with incorrect data plates(on motor) and never ran right to begin with
Posted By: TC7

Re: Tac 32 EVO TORQUE LIMIT Help - 02/10/22 01:37 AM

Torque limit is indicator of bad motor encoder
© 2024 Elevator Forum