Home

Kone KCM831

Posted By: JHessorz

Kone KCM831 - 03/08/22 12:14 AM

Hi all, company took on a job with a Kone KCM831 Hydro, 2001. Building lost power and car never came back on. I have my safeties, doors, Thermals and overloads, my 24v and 5v feeds to car and hoistway. I cant run on inspection, E1 shows a 0041 Emergency Brake fault, which makes no sense to me since its a hydro with an old Allen Bradley soft start. I also dont have the "shaft communcation ok" LED.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have prints but no real manuals or guides. I have a fault list but I am not even 100 percent sure its for this. I went though the car top board with a few safeties and door inputs. I havent gone through the COP to see what the condition of that board is. I havent found the LED on the prints for Shaft Communication to figure out what feeds it, is there a serial connection to a board in the shaft maybe?
Posted By: EElevator

Re: Kone KCM831 - 03/08/22 03:39 AM

If its that old you might have lost your Dallas chip. If that's the case you'll need a new one then have to go back through and check your parameters are set right. I had one go out on an kcm831 (ecospace) and was dead in the water, the parameters telling it which drive it had had changed.

Also check/replace your battery under the cartop board.

Re: Kone KCM831 - 03/08/22 11:21 AM

Thx for the reply, im going back today. Ill replace the battery first thing. Any chance you have a manual on these?
Posted By: BRG

Re: Kone KCM831 - 03/08/22 08:02 PM

Make sure it's set to be a hydraulic and not a traction.
Posted By: Local8Elev8rman

Re: Kone KCM831 - 03/09/22 03:47 AM

Agree with BRG check menu 1 sub-menu 3 and make sure it's set to anything but 0 for the time being to see if you can get the car to run on inspection. A 0 means not a hydro, a traction. I've experienced too many times when a "fast fingered freddy" has gone in and changed a parameter without realizing it and when the power is cycled, on the KCM's that's when parameter changes are put into effect, like a power outage. I believe there's about 7 different hydro options for sub-menu 3 that are for hydro's depending on the type so that can be determined later if that's the issue. I have some info on how to perform the startup of the hydro's if you want to PM me but not alot other than a few versions of wiring diagrams.

Re: Kone KCM831 - 03/09/22 11:33 AM

Thanks guys, I got a hold of a manual that showed how to navigate and that was the first thing I checked, it was set to 1 which I believe was KCM831 hydro, i changed it around to see if anything changed but i got nothing. I changed the 12v 7ah battery on the cartop as well. Everything leads me to believe there is a an issue with the LCEADDON board, im going back again with that and the car top board to see what I get.
Posted By: UpandDown2321

Re: Kone KCM831 - 03/09/22 05:12 PM

Unplug the battery if you leave the line out or it will go dead again. Some very old software won't have the option to bypass a dead battery

Re: Kone KCM831 - 03/11/22 01:38 AM

Car is back in service, had to change the LCECPU, Drive board, and Cartop board and update the software. Finally got a successful learn of the hatch and it would hold the parameters correctly. Talk about diving headfirst into the KCMs.
Posted By: EElevator

Re: Kone KCM831 - 03/11/22 03:32 AM

They are nothing more than tin can ticking time bombs. They run good for awhile then....
© 2024 Elevator Forum