Home

TAC32H MRL feedback sensor

Posted By: UnkindBuffalo

TAC32H MRL feedback sensor - 03/24/22 12:54 PM

I have to change a feedback sensor in the tank. And you have to break the line and move the muffler to get to it, and of course the tanks in the pit, I understand you have to poke the car and manual lower it, anybody know any tricks to do this repair as safe as possible, or just any thing else I should be aware of? Thanks
Posted By: EElevator

Re: TAC32H MRL feedback sensor - 03/26/22 11:51 PM

If it was me, I like redundant means of holding the car up. Like props (bolted to the car and anchored to the floor or in spring stands) and I'll still take a minute to go throw a couple big heavy straps around the rail brackets to the crosshead. I don't trust pipe stands to not kick out. I'd recommend rail blocks but if it's a tac 32 its probably got them omega rails. I'd also manually lower the car till it just lands on the props then shut the shutoff valve so the jacks themselves are a third redundant safety to hold the car up if all else failed.

I promise my wife when I leave every morning I'll be safe. Sadly there are still folks dying doing our jobs.

What is the feedback sensor sensing? Temperature? Pressure? Why on earth is it so poorly placed you'd have to remove the muffler?
Posted By: E-man

Re: TAC32H MRL feedback sensor - 03/27/22 03:19 AM

I believe he's talking about the zero point sensor. It's supposed to be adusted as close to 0.00 as posible.
© 2024 Elevator Forum