Home

GAL 4 Traction issue

Posted By: wltr00

GAL 4 Traction issue - 04/11/22 08:08 PM

Having an intermittent issue with Quattro drive GAL4. Getting this UMotion Encoder Fault (see attached photos). Called GAL and they said to change Governor encoder which I did but fault is still occurring every 2 or 3 days. Almost seems like doors are still closing when this fault occurs when looking at the fault log. This job is in a hospital so getting a lot of visibility. Looking for any suggestions on how to correct. Thanks

Attached File
Attached File
Posted By: Turbo6

Re: GAL 4 Traction issue - 04/17/22 03:18 PM

Have you witnessed this happen? What are your parameter settings for your prestart sequence?
Posted By: Elev8ted

Re: GAL 4 Traction issue - 05/04/22 10:37 PM

On your I/O screen, you are missing UL and DZ and the doors are opened. It will trigger uncontrolled motion fault. Not sure if it is a new install or a job that has been runnig for a while.
1st I would check if your governor rope streched and if the rope slips in it, it wil screw you positioning, also if the encoder wires are ran less than 6" from other power source to avoid noises, guide shoes or rollers?
check that when the doors open or close if the cab moves and lose your leveling read switch. (Unless it is code bar tape).
Hope that helps!
Posted By: wltr00

Re: GAL 4 Traction issue - 05/05/22 02:10 AM

So after talking with GAL, had 1105 AN brake board and tech support told me it needed to be upgraded to 1105 BN. Since installing the newer brake board the fault has not recurred. Anyone experience that? I have other AN brake boards on G4 controllers that don’t have this issue.
Posted By: EElevator

Re: GAL 4 Traction issue - 05/05/22 03:00 AM

I haven't had that issue in particular but I'm not suprised by what your saying. GAL didn't come up with a newer version of that board for fun.

It sounds like smartrises door lock boards. The original version went bad so frequently I'd joke they pop like popcorn. They came out with a new version that doesn't go bad. But interestingly enough I have a few cars with the original old style board running fine.
Posted By: EElevator

Re: GAL 4 Traction issue - 05/05/22 03:05 AM

I guess what im trying to say is i don't find it that odd that even though a manufacturer came out with a updated board to address an issue that there are still examples of the older version still working without exhibiting that issue.
© 2024 Elevator Forum