Home

OTIS boards

Posted By: wltr00

OTIS boards - 04/25/22 08:10 PM

Been having a hard time dealing with Otis lately when it comes to getting boards delivered in a timely fashion. Any good recommendations for an alternate source for reliable boards preferably with a warranty? Thanks
Posted By: EElevator

Re: OTIS boards - 04/26/22 12:52 AM

I don't know specifically about Otis boards but it seems like all boards are getting harder to find. Hall call boards for 330a's used to be easy to get and not too expensive. Now they're becoming extremely hard to get and we're having to send back the old boards as a core or its almost 3k.

Its not just boards either. I have a customer that needs brakes on their ecospace. Backordered with no ETA. They could be walking the steps for weeks or months, completely at the mercy of KONE Spares.
Posted By: Jluff

Re: OTIS boards - 04/26/22 09:48 AM

It’s amazing the power elevator owners give to the big 4... if they only knew they could have bought a fully open sourced 3rd party non proprietary elevator with interchangeable parts with no intellectual property laws attached. But then again I have seen customers know this and still go with the big 4 product to save that 10k upfront 🤦🏻‍♂️
Posted By: EElevator

Re: OTIS boards - 04/26/22 10:26 AM

I agree. Its particularly sad when it's a small 2 or 3 story building that would've been served well by a simple hydro for many many years but they got sold a gen2,ecospace,3300. You don't need a traction car to go 10 or 20 feet. The 10k saved up front is a trap. You'll end up paying that 10 fold more in repairs over the life of the equipment. And the big 4 know that. I Also think it has to do with the big 4 using their vast resources to target building architects. So when a small building that should've been a hydro goes out to bid its spec'd as a mrl traction already. The worst part is a lot of times the building owner has no idea what they're being setup for. They're trusting the architect is doing a good job..
Posted By: solidstate

Re: OTIS boards - 04/26/22 08:16 PM

Don't beat up on them too bad soft starters are the same issue backordered for months
© 2024 Elevator Forum