Home

Mce overlay for hollister Whitney rope gripper

Posted By: Elevatorfella

Mce overlay for hollister Whitney rope gripper - 03/14/12 12:34 AM

911 guys.. Have a duplex unit with single "swing panel" controlling both units. Wired rope gripper control panels in and installed new relay boards from mce. They sent a new U9 chip which was installed and both units went nuts. Push car call 5 and car would go to 2 for example. Put old U9 chip back in and elev. 1 works fine. Elev 2 still has " stepping issues" 10 stops on both units. Elev. 2 will run from LL to 5 fine if I put a 6,7,8,9 floor call in unit will go to top floor slow down and hit top normal limit. We think that swapping the EEPROM chips around we need to readdress the floor designations?? Are we on the right track......thanks for any help
Posted By: Elevatorfella

Re: Mce overlay for hollister Whitney rope gripper - 03/14/12 11:08 PM

Guys I feel so stupid, got the problem solved today.............broken travel cable wire for DZ.....used a spare and we are good.
Posted By: kiwinightstalker

Re: Mce overlay for hollister Whitney rope gripper - 03/15/12 11:28 AM

hey there are no stupid questions!!!!...someone somewhere might have the same fault and you have might have saved them days of fault finding...and kept a customer happy and even in these days of tight budgets dare I say a contract!!!.
Posted By: J Sand

Re: Mce overlay for hollister Whitney rope gripper - 03/17/12 03:38 AM

Don't think you're special! Line forms to the left. We've ALL been there.
Posted By: Broke_Sheave

Re: Mce overlay for hollister Whitney rope gripper - 03/17/12 10:29 PM

The only "Stupid" question is the one not asked....
Posted By: uppo72

Re: Mce overlay for hollister Whitney rope gripper - 03/17/12 11:38 PM

we were always told 'id rather a stupid question than a disastrous mistake'.
© 2024 Elevator Forum