Home

Common Feeds

Posted By: BRG

Common Feeds - 05/17/22 09:14 PM

On an old Westinghouse MPH hydro, does anyone recall the commons for the open/close signals and the open/close limits? I'm trying to help some new mechanics so I don't have to go.
Posted By: Jluff

Re: Common Feeds - 05/17/22 11:38 PM

I have an mph2 Print If thst helps
Posted By: BRG

Re: Common Feeds - 05/25/22 12:10 AM

Update...... The common for open and close signals is 26v, the common for open and close limit is ground and use the normally open instead of the normally closed as shown in the MOVFR print. Also they were feeding the operator with 120v to the car light and fan instead of the 120v feed from the MPH motherboard in the controller.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Common Feeds - 05/25/22 06:36 PM

It drives me nuts when I find something powered off the cab light circuit. The door is an especially bad one, I haven’t seen that but I have seen softstarts on the cab lights. More common is a digital PI or edge detector. Less bad but still wrong.
Posted By: EElevator

Re: Common Feeds - 05/26/22 01:07 AM

I'm with you, it is very annoying when folks don't wire things right. I had a car we picked up fail Inspection on an annual because I told the inspector go ahead and walk over to the car, ill throw the 110 to check the lights/bell and he yells back the doors won't open. Someone had powered the operator off of the cab light circuit.
© 2024 Elevator Forum