Home

Tac 20. Door problems.

Posted By: Jluff

Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/18/22 01:01 PM

Hello. Having door problems with a Tac 20 hydro. 5 stop. Has a 6300 PA 6 door board. Car will travel to every floor but door does not open. Get a 1041 code and a 201 event message. If you recycle power door will open on the first try. Then it won’t open again. If you open door by hand it will close fine. Dcl is made when closed. On my ims control monitor I get a DR WDOG -F .. IMS says it’s opening but it doesn’t. I noticed on my input out puts that DOB is low (not lit) and my DCB is high (lit). Is that normal ?

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/18/22 02:10 PM

Does anyone have procedures for the UIT to do door scan and other functions ?

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/18/22 06:33 PM

Vertical express wants big time $ for a PA6 ...with generic software Installed I think. So I could just use the uit for parameters and not have to download a profile. I have a spare but I have no idea what software is on it. Can I download the software and profile onto the spare board directly from the old board ?
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/18/22 06:39 PM

Door close button should not be high. That certainly could be your problem. Try injecting it low, then figure out why it’s high. Do you see the limits on he door diagnostic screen? And if you open door smart fast does the table fill out? That will confirm there is communication. There are also parameters in the door that could cause this, particularly DCI, discrete controller interface, make sure that’s a 0. Is this a linear or harmonic operator?

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/18/22 06:46 PM

Txs dirt. I will be Back tomorrow. It’s Harmonic. My door smart fast doesn’t work on my lap top. I don’t know why. I think it’s super old version of IMS. I need to update it.

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/19/22 10:38 AM

After you enable injection how do you change dcb to low ?

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/19/22 11:27 AM

I can’t get rid of the dcb high. Pulled wires still high. Door diagnostics screen looks good. DCI parameter is 0. When door is closed says
GLR
DCL
DCL 6
When door tries to open the OD contacts show picked. CD picks only when door opens to DOL. door diagnostics also shows a 363 fault after it doesn’t open.

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/19/22 02:46 PM

Another note. Door diagnostics shows trip speed at 3. Shouldn’t that be like 30.

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/19/22 05:07 PM

After you enable IO injection, the top left corner turns red, click that or any column number and the red turns blue. Now when you click an IO it turns blue (low)

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/19/22 05:20 PM

And it will stay low until injection is disabled ?

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/19/22 06:01 PM

Or you close IMS or disconnect

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/19/22 06:44 PM

Ok. So if that input ends up being the problem how do I move DCB to a spare ? Right now DOB and DCB on the only ones in that column 8 they are in the 1st and 2nd rows. DCB is in the 2nd row

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/19/22 11:09 PM

It’s not worth moving the IO if it’s on an L24 card. Unplug the black plug from the card to make sure it’s not a wiring problem. If it’s still high with the plug disconnected, replace the he L24 card.

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/20/22 10:06 AM

I don’t need lon capability’s to replace L24 cards like the LN board? The L24 for the DCB is in the COP ?

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/20/22 12:06 PM

When DCB goes low still have same problem. I’m losing my ready status on door diagnostics. If you reset the PA6 board or the main line you get ready on in door diagnostics for the door to open once. Then as soon as it closes ready goes to off and door will not respond .

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/20/22 02:28 PM

I’m getting a 363 door fault. But my door fault list does not go up that high. Does any one know what a 363 is ?

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/20/22 08:56 PM

No you don’t need to do anything when replacing an L24 card. It’s not a LON node, just an IO board in an SPI loop. You shouldn’t be getting a 3 digit code like that with a PA door board. Make sure D12 is set to 8 and jumper JP5 on the door board is on. It’s kind of like it thinks you have a PY board, that would be D12 =1. What does the fault say through the UIT?
And you did load the correct default profile with the UIT right? Maybe the fault code is just screwy on your IMS, if it means 2063, that’s IFBK, failure to regulate current on DCL. Kind of would make sense from how you’re describing it working. That could be a motor, encoder, board, or I’ve seen a bad close limit sensor cause that on a linear door.

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/25/22 01:26 PM

Txs dirt. A new PA6 board solved this problem. Thank god I had a spare because vertical express has no ETA for new PA6 boards. They said because of chip allocation
Posted By: Montana

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/25/22 05:19 PM

Can you send the old board out for repair?

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/25/22 05:56 PM

Yes. My new UIT when I plug it in is all black squares. Is there a password to get in ?

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/25/22 06:31 PM

No but you have to plug it in without power or resetting the board after plugging it in should make it work. That’s the only time I’ve seen a UIT fail to work on a door board.

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/25/22 06:49 PM

Ok. Well I only plugged it in with power already on. I will be back tomorrow I will plug in the UIT then power up main line.

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/25/22 09:51 PM

You just need to turn the board off. Should be a switch.

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/26/22 07:42 PM

This car is running good now. Besides one thing. There is a noticeable vibration coming from the door motor only when the car is in motion ..

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/26/22 10:38 PM

Don’t think I’ve ever seen that before…. Did you do an autonul?

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/27/22 12:11 AM

Yes autonul before door scan
Posted By: TC7

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 05/29/22 01:02 PM

I’ve gotten IFBK fault from having close manual speed to high. I never set above 60. Open and Close Manual speeds get adjusted too high when people want the door scan process to go faster. If I remember correctly, having Close Manual speed at 120-140 will cause IFBK faults

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 06/06/22 01:22 PM

IFBK
That’s what I’m getting now on another car. No matter where I set my dcl, and CMS , and stroke the doors come up short. Did a bunch of run learns. My gate switch comes in about an inch before the close then the dcl limit The motor just stops and starts the last 1-2 inches of the close.its Not hitting The mechanical stop. It’s a tke HD operator with a PA6 board. Tac 20

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 06/06/22 02:03 PM

Actually got it closing fully. And still get the IFBK fault after the close intermittent and the doors won’t work until reset

Re: Tac 20. Door problems. - 06/06/22 03:55 PM

Sometimes it happens right after the close. And I have also seen it happen while the car was in motion between floors .. i swapped out the board and still happens on the new board.
© 2024 Elevator Forum