Home

Alpha Controller

Posted By: liftronic

Alpha Controller - 06/16/22 08:40 PM

Has anyone worked with this new controller company which is called Alpha? https://www.alphaelevatorcontrol.com/Lykos%20Brochure.pdf
The picture in their brochure shows a nice looking hydraulic controller.
Posted By: solidstate

Re: Alpha Controller - 06/16/22 11:55 PM

We have our first one but have not installed it yet. Spoke with some one else that installed a few and they raved about it.

It is basically a better and updated version of the Smartrise.
Posted By: EElevator

Re: Alpha Controller - 06/17/22 01:16 AM

Is this the new controller company started by the few folks that worked for smartrise then left?

JUST what our industry needs. Another random controller brand to dilute the market and force us all to learn yet another brand of controller that possibly won't have support/parts in the future if the company doesn't make it...

Between mce, va controls, ec, smartrise, and the 500 controllers the big 4 have came out with we have far more than enough options to make metal boxes move. I get the sentiment of everyone wants to make some money but..
Posted By: heisenberg

Re: Alpha Controller - 06/17/22 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by EElevator
Is this the new controller company started by the few folks that worked for smartrise then left?

JUST what our industry needs. Another random controller brand to dilute the market and force us all to learn yet another brand of controller that possibly won't have support/parts in the future if the company doesn't make it...

Between mce, va controls, ec, smartrise, and the 500 controllers the big 4 have came out with we have far more than enough options to make metal boxes move. I get the sentiment of everyone wants to make some money but..

The more open source, easily to fault find equipment the better. Anything to take the market away from the big 4 and their proprietary crap
Posted By: Jluff

Re: Alpha Controller - 06/17/22 09:21 AM

Why You don’t like paying $5k for wiring diagrams πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
It’s amazing to me what they get away with. It’s all about the intellectual property laws. There are way more painful issues and problems from proprietary elevators then independent controllers going out of business. Once and a while you find a dinosaur independent
Posted By: Alex_ELMAN

Re: Alpha Controller - 06/18/22 02:46 AM

We have installed 5 of them. They are simple, easy to set up and seem to be reliable too. Its about a month and we have had no problems yet. I can say alpha controller is an improved version of smartrise which is way better than smartrise. Their tech-support is awesome. I know at least one of the tech-support people from smartrise. Looks like all the good people from smartrise have moved to alpha now.
Posted By: ASME17

Re: Alpha Controller - 06/18/22 01:30 PM

It is very similar to smartrise, and is designed by smartrise engineers who have left the company. They tried to keep it simple and as close as possible to smartrise so people know how to use it out of the box. And I agree with previous comments, It appears to be a better version of smartrise controller with better support. Maybe its because they have not sold millions of them yet. Will figure out soon.

Posted By: heisenberg

Re: Alpha Controller - 06/19/22 01:15 PM

That car top box looks terrible and cheap though...
Posted By: x79133000

Re: Alpha Controller - 06/22/22 02:44 AM

We have 3 Alpha controllers running, it's been a couple of months now and so far so good. They are very similar to Smartrise controllers like other comments also mentions. I think I like them better than Smart rise
Posted By: elevatorman1966

Re: Alpha Controller - 10/26/22 04:52 AM

We have installed almost 8 units so far and more coming , they work great ! had no issue with them very reliable and as some of you said the support is fantastic, and the management team is great to work with. I am a big Fan. Yes tall the engineers are senior engineers from the industry. You are not getting someone reading of the manual for you.

Re: Alpha Controller - 10/26/22 04:49 PM

How about traction controller ?

Re: Alpha Controller - 10/27/22 04:10 AM

I know they are working on coming up with one but I was told they are still in the beta stages. If it is as reliable as the Hydro they I am sure we will be using it as well.
Posted By: x79133000

Re: Alpha Controller - 10/28/22 10:20 PM

We installed 3 Alpha controllers about 6 month ago, and they have been working great. Not a single call.

Re: Alpha Controller - 03/20/23 08:30 PM

I just downloaded the App alpha has, and I was very pleased to say the least ! IT WORKS !! The person that order the jobs messed up on the ordering forms, want it took is a quick call to support, 5 min later I configured to controller with my app, and programmed it !! no laptop , no internet , no special equipment ! LOVE IT , game changer for me for sure .

Re: Alpha Controller - 05/05/23 09:42 PM

Installing my first Alpha controller in a few weeks. Any tips
Posted By: ASME17

Re: Alpha Controller - 05/07/23 01:29 AM

Please keep us posted on the installation. I have heard it's easy to install and works reliably, but I haven't had the chance to try it out yet.

Re: Alpha Controller - 05/17/23 12:46 AM

Jluff its so easy to install, I would recommend calling support to give them your contact and they will give you the run down on everything, and provide you direct numbers as well, that is what I did for on my first install last year . I have never looked back since , that's the only thing I install now.
Posted By: Bubba

Re: Alpha Controller - 01/11/24 04:49 PM

Anyone have any electrical prints or troubleshooting guides for the Alpha?
Posted By: FriscoKid

Re: Alpha Controller - 01/13/24 07:14 PM

We have a few Alpha Hydraulics installed. Very nice product.....
Posted By: wltr00

Re: Alpha Controller - 01/13/24 10:41 PM

I would also like manuals and prints if anyone can share.
Posted By: NOTIME

Re: Alpha Controller - 01/15/24 10:41 PM

Print:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/tijf...rlkey=nfglr9lkt87f4sjlxxoihu3q4&dl=0

the link is not forever 4 days only

Re: Alpha Controller - 01/16/24 08:58 PM

call Alpha they will connect you to your portal , you will have access to all your print , and manuals

Re: Alpha Controller - 01/16/24 09:41 PM

Pm me
Posted By: EElevator

Re: Alpha Controller - 01/17/24 03:30 PM

That's IF your office actually knows your portal info.....

I just called them and they emailed me the manuals.
© 2024 Elevator Forum