Home

El Tech solid state clone

Posted By: boomer

El Tech solid state clone - 08/22/22 05:51 PM

I have a problem with a 3stop simplex the car had a bad power card changed that and then the car would run from 1-2 or 2-1 but when you go to 3 the doors open and never close. relays SH (shut door) and DO just toggle back and fourth I have changed all of the solid state cards and checked to make sure the microlight isn’t goofing up. The doors will start to close but reopen immediately. Trying to figure out what’s different between 2 and 3 doors aren’t bind mechanically seem fine. There isn’t a floor switch in the hoistway just a vane and mag switch mounted to the car. Anyone have any ideas?
Posted By: Montana

Re: El Tech solid state clone - 08/22/22 08:23 PM

TC?
Posted By: EElevator

Re: El Tech solid state clone - 08/22/22 09:15 PM

I'm thinking either Traveling cables or something interfering with the light curtain on that floor (different lighting like a window letting sunlight hit it). Or something different with the hatch doors on that floor.

I'd start by disconnecting the light curtain wire and ruling that out quickly then thoroughly looking over the 2nd and 3rd floor doors off the cartop.

Re: El Tech solid state clone - 08/22/22 10:12 PM

today I uncooked my door open button, safe edge and photo eye wires as well as the 3rd floor car call traveler wires it was still messing up. I’m starting to suspect a card rack?
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: El Tech solid state clone - 08/23/22 12:12 AM

Are there any calls latched when it’s doing this? Could have a stuck button or bad input somewhere else but the car doesn’t know it’s at 3?

Re: El Tech solid state clone - 08/29/22 10:21 PM

Ended up being bad connections on the card rack where the car card plugs in.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: El Tech solid state clone - 08/30/22 06:24 PM

Good one
© 2024 Elevator Forum