Home

Elevator controls pixel

Posted By: Jankemech

Elevator controls pixel - 11/02/22 03:13 PM

What is everyone's thoughts on the EC pixel controllers we have a few on Service and Installed a few. I see a lot about smart rise but haven't seen many weigh in on the EC stuff.
Posted By: Tramguage1

Re: Elevator controls pixel - 11/02/22 09:00 PM

Been saleing and servicing EC equipment for over 15 years. It took me a while to move to the Pixal controller. We have installed at least 20 of the hydro version and 10 of the tractions. The installers ,service techs and I love the simplicity and quality of the EC product. Only controller i sale!
Posted By: firbug13

Re: Elevator controls pixel - 11/03/22 06:01 PM

As an owner and installer, I love them. Very easy and quick to install. Have had very good luck so far.
Posted By: Smitty

Re: Elevator controls pixel - 11/10/22 01:19 PM

I have adjusted a few and many of other EC products over the years. PROS Not bad controllers, pretty intuitive to get into( almost a merge of ideas between MCE and Smartrise), runs fairly well after installing. CONS..lose the assignment of Fire service to a hall node, use the M1000 drive instead of the L1000 ( tricky gain adjustments to get rid of a few tracking spots) , Lousy documentation (mostly because they are too lazy to print a decent complete manual) They have a startup guide which is ok, but they should document every parameter they have at least via a pdf download. The controller is pretty easy to work on, but if they really expect to be serious competition to MCE, they need to go the extra mile with support and documentation. Tech support is ok but like everyone else, they have guys that will waste your time. They had some serious software bugs, but maybe now they have fixed that.
Posted By: elevatorman1966

Re: Elevator controls pixel - 11/15/22 07:00 AM

I have installed a few Pixels in the last few years, but had the opportunity to install a new controller Alpha Elevator control , let me tell you I love it , plus the support and customer service is by far the best I have ever dealt with ! I would love if my boss would only order these for our hydro's moving on forward, that would make my life much easier . They are coming up with a traction control soon.
Posted By: Kbucks7774

Re: Elevator controls pixel - 12/07/22 01:08 AM

Installing my first pixel on a hydro. Haven’t finished all wiring but the controller has learned all floor levels and top and bottom acces limits are set and we have changed them a few times trying to troubleshoot but I’m still having a problem . When I try to get pit access with access switch the elevator rises about one door above the first landing then stops. Any thoughts?
© 2024 Elevator Forum