Home

Water filtration

Posted By: Jluff

Water filtration - 12/07/22 09:03 PM

Hi. Can somebody recommend a filtration system to totally clear out water in oil after it’s changed
Posted By: jkh

Re: Water filtration - 12/07/22 11:32 PM

J

Set up a bubbler in to blow bubbles in the bottom of your tank. It may sound crazy but it works. You can use a fish tank setup.

JKH

Re: Water filtration - 12/08/22 12:21 AM

Do you have a link for a specific model ?

Re: Water filtration - 12/08/22 01:56 PM

Did you use the weighted plastic tube set up ?
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Water filtration - 12/08/22 06:47 PM

Wurtec has filter elements for a filter cart that are designed to remove water. Never used them myself so can’t say if it works any better than a bubbler.
Posted By: lowoil

Re: Water filtration - 12/09/22 03:01 AM

We use an air bubbler and a heating element together, works great.

Re: Water filtration - 12/09/22 01:17 PM

Do you leave the car running with the air bubbler on ?
Posted By: lowoil

Re: Water filtration - 12/09/22 10:43 PM

You have to in order to bring contaminated oil back and forth from tank to jack(s)

Re: Water filtration - 12/09/22 10:48 PM

Will the oil heat up enough from normal use to make the bubbler effective or is some sort of heating element necessary?
Posted By: danzeitz

Re: Water filtration - 12/10/22 04:25 PM

There was an outfit called CIA (no kidding) they showed up at an elevator convention selling pigs to remove oil from water. I told him I needed the opposite a pig tube or matt that would remove water from oil. Couple months later he said we have it now and we bought them wired them in the tank, so they didn't get sucked into the screen and they worked great. Probably 7 years ago and they were from the shipping port industry,
Posted By: Rev1

Re: Water filtration - 12/11/22 03:25 AM

Basic fish tank air stone works fine or rig up small pvc pipe and drill a bunch of little holes in it if the stone makes you nervous (that's what I did). It's all about getting water to evaporate at the surface so leave the lid open and keep a fan in the room. I've had heavy water contamination and it took a couple weeks but works great. Milk will turn to perfect looking oil haha, no joke.
Posted By: EElevator

Re: Water filtration - 12/16/22 05:22 AM

Gorman sells a filter pump just for this
© 2024 Elevator Forum