Home

330a inverted jacks - constant leak

Posted By: ashley

330a inverted jacks - constant leak - 12/29/22 05:17 PM

So we have a set of 330’s that we have been repkacing the packings every two years on. Last time we pulled the jacks out of the shaft and went over and filled any defects in the pistons, with the Texacone kit. That set only lasted 6 months what on earth am I doing wrong ?
Posted By: danzeitz

Re: 330a inverted jacks - constant leak - 12/30/22 03:45 AM

I told our sales department to bid these hydros like traction elevators. Lots of maintenance and repair time. Finding ones that don’t leak would be amazing. It comes down to use how long packaging last but even low use needed repack every 2 years.
Posted By: LCntryLife

Re: 330a inverted jacks - constant leak - 01/06/23 01:07 AM

Who’s packing are you using when your replacing them?
Posted By: Hope&Poke

Re: 330a inverted jacks - constant leak - 01/07/23 04:10 AM

Texacone
Posted By: NOTIME

Re: 330a inverted jacks - constant leak - 01/08/23 04:02 PM

What kind of hydro oil are using on the tank ?
Posted By: Jm21

Re: 330a inverted jacks - constant leak - 01/21/23 04:30 AM

Use adams packing and make sure you have the installation kit which helps when putting back the packings, and use alot of vaseline...no joke it helps ton especially if you dont have the kit

Re: 330a inverted jacks - constant leak - 01/25/23 01:18 AM

Thanks all,
I’ve Used both Gorman and Texcones, the texcone 700 series seems to last the longest.
I always pull the jacks out of the shaft and work on them on stands , so the kit dormant do me any good. I like to pull them out for shaft so I can actually inspect the pistons in there entirely. We get two days labor to do it so I’m not in a rush.
I’m actually doing a set tmrw , I’ll try the vasoline, but I normally use the green line from Texcone.

Re: 330a inverted jacks - constant leak - 04/29/23 04:28 PM

Well the bad online made the install much easier than the green slime. But guess what leaking again . I’m at Witt’s end with these things. Left jacks were great 3 weeks ago , right ones were leaking pretty bad on the large stage. We replaced just them. Now the left jacks are leaking .

We purged all the oil out of the system and put in new oil (the tractor oil they want ) go over each piston for any damage (none found as we just went over them a year ago) we run nylons up and down to ensue nothing will damage the packings .
Posted By: mbke

Re: 330a inverted jacks - constant leak - 05/10/23 05:38 PM

You have to REPLACE DL MARTIN jacks. The pistons diameter believe it or not get smaller through the heavy pressures . This the only way your going to fix this. However you are just start the time clock over again . It will leak again!!
Posted By: MX4

Re: 330a inverted jacks - constant leak - 05/12/23 12:10 AM

Citgo Transguard THF

Do you have a bur anywhere on the piston causing it to fail pre maturely?
Posted By: Turbo6

Re: 330a inverted jacks - constant leak - 05/13/23 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by mbke
You have to REPLACE DL MARTIN jacks. The pistons diameter believe it or not get smaller through the heavy pressures . This the only way your going to fix this. However you are just start the time clock over again . It will leak again!!

What is DL Martin Jacks? Is that a replacement jack?
Posted By: Local8Elev8rman

Re: 330a inverted jacks - constant leak - 05/17/23 01:29 PM

DL Martin manufactures the jacks Schindler installs.
© 2024 Elevator Forum