Home

Hydro unit no muffler

Posted By: Jankemech

Hydro unit no muffler - 02/13/23 05:32 AM

Muffler came apart plugged up maxton valve replaced valve replaced oil and straight piped muffler for installation of valve. Any downside to not using a muffler besides noise will the pulsation hurt the valve, there is no hydraulic banging thinking I'll leave it run until new muffler comes in.
Posted By: ashley

Re: Hydro unit no muffler - 02/13/23 06:37 PM

Pulsation won’t hurt the valve , in fact most install the muffler after the valve. There really are only two good mufflers , the Dover\TK muffler and the MEI bladder muffler , all others offer very limited correction of liner flow. In fact allot of the smaller companies around here skip them all together . I notice as soon as I get on the elevator , but most customer don’t.
Posted By: danzeitz

Re: Hydro unit no muffler - 02/13/23 10:21 PM

Air bladder style mufflers work but why have something that fails that you have to replace under a maintenance contract. We have had to replace several already. We no longer use them on new construction or modernization.
Posted By: EElevator

Re: Hydro unit no muffler - 02/14/23 01:41 AM

I agree with previous statements. Not having a muffler wont hurt as long as theres no ride quality issues from vibrations or noise. I prefer the canton style mufflers, they look like the Dover mufflers but are welded. Work well and never need maintenance.
Posted By: danzeitz

Re: Hydro unit no muffler - 02/15/23 01:51 AM

After rereading my last post to be clear we use mufflers like Cantons but will not use air up mufflers. Sorry for the confusion if any
© 2024 Elevator Forum