Home

Tac 20 lms

Posted By: poons

Tac 20 lms - 04/18/12 10:45 PM

I am looking to quote on a maintenance contract which includes 3 Tac 20. Has anyone used the ims program for the Tac 20 that is available through hamid2@gmail.com and r replacement boards available.
Posted By: jkh

Re: Tac 20 lms - 04/19/12 01:55 AM

Poons
I did email Hamid and asked about the software he is offering. Hamid offered to send me a trail version for 3 logins. The price he quoted me is $2100.00 us dollars. Unfortunately we do not have any of these units under contract. I am also interested to hear if anyone has use this software or could recommend something else.
Posted By: hex

Re: Tac 20 lms - 04/19/12 11:40 PM

I havent tried the program from Hamid that you mentioned but we have lots of the Tac20 units in my area. You will use the 3 logins just trying to figure out the ims software.

replacement boards are readily available and you can do quite a few of the repairs yourself.

If the unit is running good the ims software will hardly be used and if the unit has the lcd screen it will give you the info you need for problems.

Re: Tac 20 lms - 04/21/12 01:19 AM

hex
Who are replacement boards available through and these units don't have the LCD screen, Still searching for an IMS program to help with problems.
Thanks
Posted By: Broke_Sheave

Re: Tac 20 lms - 04/25/12 02:57 AM

The LCD screens are an option the building owner can buy at time of installation.

IMS is proprietary to TK. There's only one other company that has reverse engineered it LEGALLY, and it's for internal use only.

I've heard of several illegal versions floating around, but I would be very careful before getting involved with anything like that. Good way to lose everything you own..

Re: Tac 20 lms - 04/25/12 06:45 PM

Broke sheave
I did speak with TKE for a customer. It is my understanding the LCD screen does not provide all the function that the IMS software has to offer. If the customer has a duplex, triplex or multiple units then they will also need an LCD screen for each unit.

Is that your understanding as well?

Re: Tac 20 lms - 04/26/12 02:59 AM

Unforutnately that's correct.
I've been hearing from years that World Electornics is going to reverse engineer it, but don't hold your breath. As I said earlier, They've been saying that for years...

Re: Tac 20 lms - 04/26/12 05:35 AM

I spoke with Andy at world electronics. Andy said they stopped trying to reverse engineer the TAC units.

Re: Tac 20 lms - 04/26/12 10:24 AM

I spoke to World as well so time ago and they said there are several people with ims that are not TKE. The issue is to find someone with the NONTKE version to talk to.
Posted By: as722

Re: Tac 20 lms - 04/30/12 01:17 AM

The LCD screen is called a UIT and can't be used without the UIT software
Posted By: ifrratedpilot

Re: Tac 20 lms - 05/02/12 09:04 PM

Have him call OTIS, they got the tool to troubleshoot and download all the software. And it's all legal.

Re: Tac 20 lms - 05/02/12 09:05 PM

Sounds like TKE is doing the per usual " holding a gun to his head ".

Re: Tac 20 lms - 05/02/12 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: ifrratedpilot
Have him call OTIS, they got the tool to troubleshoot and download all the software. And it's all legal.

Yep!!!

Re: Tac 20 lms - 05/03/12 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: poons
I spoke to World as well so time ago and they said there are several people with ims that are not TKE. The issue is to find someone with the NONTKE version to talk to.
if TKE finds out a non TKE employee has the real IMS, they will be getting a visit from the sheriff. we had a guy who had 2 stolen TKE IMS computers, one of them timed out so this idiot actually called the TKE help desk for support. the very next day the cops showed up and he was taken off the job in handcuffs.

Re: Tac 20 lms - 05/03/12 08:51 PM

And rightly so! As you said the IMS software and computers were stolen!

Re: Tac 20 lms - 05/04/12 12:36 PM

I am looking for a nonTKE ims version not a stolen TKE ims version.

Re: Tac 20 lms - 05/04/12 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By: ifrratedpilot
Originally Posted By: poons
if TKE finds out a non TKE employee has the real IMS, they will be getting a visit from the sheriff. we had a guy who had 2 stolen TKE IMS computers, one of them timed out so this idiot actually called the TKE help desk for support. the very next day the cops showed up and he was taken off the job in handcuffs.

Some of these guys have taken TK's IMS, been sued here in the states, and have fled to Asia, and are trying to market globally. Free from U.S. laws. It's such a blatant theft that when you hit the "Help" "About" button, it comes up with TK's copyright info..

Be careful out there. What goes internationally, sometimes doesn't in the states..

Re: Tac 20 lms - 05/04/12 08:49 PM

Like poons I am interested in purchasing a legal tool and/or software for the TAC units. With that said I don't need to try and take this type of unit on for us to service. We are fortunate to have more work than we need.

What we are doing is recommending that they look at Otis as an alternative service provider. Or! If that is something they are against then modernize and right of it as a learning experience. There are many great manufacturers out in our industry that can be serviced by any service company.
Posted By: elmcannic

Re: Tac 20 lms - 05/05/12 03:25 AM

who's head has a gun to it?

Re: Tac 20 lms - 05/05/12 03:34 AM

Lot's of time money and effort go into reverse engineering. A lot more than most people think. Maybe in this #$^## economy is why a 3rd party (Like World), hasn't pursued it..

Re: Tac 20 lms - 05/06/12 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: elmcannic
who's head has a gun to it?

Any customer of TKE.
Posted By: IMS4sale

Re: Tac 20 lms - 04/23/13 01:39 AM

I have a non TKE software, IMS program with laptop and cables, no timers for use with Tac 20 Tac 50. Email me for more info-
Posted By: elmcannic

Re: Tac 20 lms - 04/24/13 03:33 AM

so now you can hold the gun to our heads as we're the ones who need it! awe$ome!!!!!
Posted By: Len

Re: Tac 20 lms - 04/24/13 11:09 AM

I am seeing recently...companies that purchased the Pirated Ims programs..from Bart..recalled them from the field Immediately..they contain on board Tke Help Menus.no one wants that liability on their heads...
Posted By: aquadag

Re: Tac 20 lms - 04/25/13 03:25 AM

wow, way to put a guys name out there. Not cool.
© 2024 Elevator Forum