Home

Otis underslung issues

Posted By: Jking1980

Otis underslung issues - 04/24/23 12:53 PM

Hey guys I picked up an Otis car on my route and have been struggling with the load weigh. It’s the set up that mount to the STMs at the top of the hoistway. We have changed out the sensors but the LED on the box is flashing slow like it’s not communicating. We turned off load weigh to get the car to run for us but the roll back is causing unintended movement errors. We don’t seem to be having communication issues anywhere else on the bud. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
Posted By: wikilift

Re: Otis underslung issues - 04/25/23 07:50 AM

If you disable the weighing scale, the drive will not have a correct reading and you will have traction problems, plus it will limit your travel speed. It would be interesting if you could specify what type of device you are on, since I assume it is a Gen2 but there are many types of it.

Re: Otis underslung issues - 04/25/23 12:15 PM

It is a GEN 2 S at least that’s what it says on the print. We did disable the load weigh just to get the car running till the part came in. But the new part won’t talk to the controller. The original LW box said it was version 2.15. The new is version 1.15. But we are told by unitech that this is the new replacement for the old one.

Re: Otis underslung issues - 04/25/23 12:45 PM

GCS underslung
© 2024 Elevator Forum