Home

MEI muffler - compressor ?

Posted By: ashley

MEI muffler - compressor ? - 04/29/23 03:26 PM

What do you guys use for a portable compressor to charge the MEi mufflers in the field ? My old compressor died and I can’t find anything new that does 250psi that is portable. Best I can find is a trash can size one that does 200.
Posted By: Local8Elev8rman

Re: MEI muffler - compressor ? - 05/02/23 04:09 PM

I got a small nitrogen bottle with gauges and hose to charge off road racing shocks. Portable, can get to higher pressures for those units that need it and economical as you can recharge 20-30 mufflers on a single bottle. I checked with MEI before hand and they said nitrogen was perfectly fine to use to charge their mufflers. I also recommend getting a hard sided case like a Pelican or Apache or small hand truck to strap it to. I hope this helps.
Posted By: EElevator

Re: MEI muffler - compressor ? - 05/02/23 11:13 PM

Very smart way to do that. I bet one of them paintball gun co2 cylinders could work too

Re: MEI muffler - compressor ? - 05/02/23 11:16 PM

They come in smaller containers like 3 or 4 inches by 10 inches. Might be easier to keep in your truck or carry in. Does nitrogen compress back into liquid in a tank? CO2 compresses into a liquid so you get alot more air in a tank vs gasses that dont.
Posted By: Bowtiedrooster16

Re: MEI muffler - compressor ? - 02/28/24 01:34 AM

The best thing you can do is buy the new MEI direct replacement muffler that's just a normal muffler

Re: MEI muffler - compressor ? - 02/28/24 09:21 AM

Thats good to know, sounds like a good option!
© 2024 Elevator Forum