Home

T-4

Posted By: solidstate

T-4 - 01/15/24 06:03 PM

Triplex group. Upon arrival F-3 fuse was opened on Number one car, replaced it and opened it right away. Checked out power supply seemed ok, replaced fuse again, and all seemed good, except for no hall calls work, turn off number one and the other two work fine. If we take either side communication cable off of J 2 of CPU on #1, the other cars answer hall calls, and #1 car works as if on independent. Leaning to CPU card, but looking for other inputs,from people that are smarter than me.

Re: T-4 - 01/17/24 06:14 PM

BUMP....any suggestions?

Re: T-4 - 01/30/24 09:11 PM

We got the board back and will install it. Looks like it have bad comm chips and IC sockets.

Will post results
Posted By: MX4

Re: T-4 - 01/31/24 02:25 AM

Fast turn around time on the board, what company?

Re: T-4 - 02/02/24 11:29 AM

It was Access.....but no avail still doing same thing.

Re: T-4 - 02/05/24 09:14 PM

I wish I was posting the resolve...but alas not our fortune today.

Our thinking was since its isolated to car one causing the issue with the hall calls, we could remove the traveling cable wires VL+ and V+ and start isolating it like that. With both of those removed feeding the car, it is still same issue.

I was going to try removing the module cards one at a time and try that. Any other ideas?
Posted By: wltr00

Re: T-4 - 02/06/24 06:46 PM

Did you run a power up confidence test?

Re: T-4 - 02/06/24 09:08 PM

My wish came true....we got it. Think the original problem was a module on the hall call module board. One of the techs started there and replaced the modules, put it all back in and then she wouldnt do anything. Pulled the board back out and went through again, car ran then but still no hall calls. So we sent CPU board to access for this issue and I posted what they said. Another tech went by today and....we had misplaced con P5 on that module board. Put it on correctly and we are good to move on to the next issue.

Thanks WLTR00 we have never tried a confidence test, will have to read up on that. I ASSUME that performs a self check of the modules?
© 2024 Elevator Forum