Home

Smartrise giving me an F75: Overspeed fault

Posted By: chartervader

Smartrise giving me an F75: Overspeed fault - 01/29/24 02:59 PM

I keep getting an F75: Overspeed fault after I did a Learn Hoistway. How do I fix this issue?
Posted By: NYCRay

Re: Smartrise giving me an F75: Overspeed fault - 01/30/24 01:31 AM

I'm assuming traction setup? Try to increase the distance on the slowdowns.
Posted By: Montana

Re: Smartrise giving me an F75: Overspeed fault - 01/30/24 01:43 AM

Go through your controller and tighten all your wiring terminals. Fixed my intermittent overspeed fault.
Posted By: wltr00

Re: Smartrise giving me an F75: Overspeed fault - 01/30/24 04:37 PM

Is it a traction or hydro?

Re: Smartrise giving me an F75: Overspeed fault - 02/01/24 04:31 PM

Left out important information. It’s a hydro. I got my contract speed and S1 speeds to match. After doing a hoistway learn. Still goes on fault. Did a learn magnet (more of a tape reader and virtual magnets) and still goes on fault. Has been a real persistent issue. Scratching my head for more ideas. Any here?
Posted By: EElevator

Re: Smartrise giving me an F75: Overspeed fault - 02/01/24 05:55 PM

Whats the actual car speed? Make sure your valve is adjusted properly. You may be actually overspeeding. If necessary adjust down empty below contract so down fulls a little over contract, if it's an unregulated valve.

Once your sure your actual speed is what it should be, if your still getting overspeed faults, raise your contract/s1 speed higher. Your car only goes 2 speeds. But tell the controller contract is higher so it allows it to run without tripping that fault.

I've only seen one car that I had to do this on. It was running the right speed but the selector feedback was all over the place.
Posted By: Local8Elev8rman

Re: Smartrise giving me an F75: Overspeed fault - 02/01/24 09:10 PM

Agree with EElevator on adjusting your valve. If your decel is too long and gradual you will get that overspeed fault. The controls want to see a more abrupt change in speed.
Posted By: elevatorman1966

Re: Smartrise giving me an F75: Overspeed fault - 02/02/24 04:21 AM

did you try calling smartrise support ?

Re: Smartrise giving me an F75: Overspeed fault - 02/02/24 03:34 PM

It’s a new install so it has warranty and they just been throwing boards at it. Yes EElevator pointed that out in a previous post. Right now contract speed/s1 and FPM is 100. Will be on site and try that Local8Elev8rman

Re: Smartrise giving me an F75: Overspeed fault - 02/02/24 06:59 PM

I got the valve adjustment down. Had to swap out a CXN board and the SRU board display has MR Inspection and won’t come off after I toggle the switch to Auto/Normal. 507 and 508 dont come on high(Inspection Inputs) and 621 stays lit even after I unplug the wire. Any ideas?
Posted By: Montana

Re: Smartrise giving me an F75: Overspeed fault - 02/02/24 07:03 PM

You really need to get Smartrise tech support on the phone and don't let them go till you get it figured out. It's probably a programming issue. You really have to battle with them to keep them on the phone. If only they had a better programming/setup guide. Even if you need to adjust your valve, keep them on the phone.

Re: Smartrise giving me an F75: Overspeed fault - 02/02/24 09:39 PM

Update: Jumped out M24 to Swinsp and had V3 on toggle switch and had to be V2 that took it off inspection. NYCRay I increase my distance on slowdowns up to 3 Ft. also changed up/down stop point, min run distance and up NTS just to fix up travel overspeed.
Posted By: EElevator

Re: Smartrise giving me an F75: Overspeed fault - 02/03/24 01:40 AM

Smartrise is like savaria, you gotta get them on the phone because If any parts are bad you gotta talk to them to get parts sent our under warranty
© 2024 Elevator Forum