Home

Otis 211 MUSS fault

Posted By: James Dattilo

Otis 211 MUSS fault - 02/05/24 05:55 PM

I have an Otis 211 with a Muss fault. I know there’s a solution for it using a timer but can seem to find the wiring or write up on it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Otis 211 MUSS fault - 02/06/24 12:52 AM

If it’s a Siemens starter just replace the logic board
Posted By: EElevator

Re: Otis 211 MUSS fault - 02/06/24 01:58 AM

Yes. There's a triac soldered into the logic board that's toast. Gotta swap it out. Write down your overload amp settings and whatnot to save yourself some time.

Re: Otis 211 MUSS fault - 02/06/24 10:11 PM

Thank you guys I will try that when I get back to the job
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Otis 211 MUSS fault - 02/07/24 01:22 AM

It’s a solid state relay and 9 times out of 10 when it’s a shorted up to speed problem what’s actually failed is the little surface mound protection cap across the contact. Once I noticed that new boards from Siemens were coming out without that cap installed I started just pulling them off instead of replacing the logic board. It's C65 directly under the SSR, usually under a lot of hot glue but if you cut a square around in with a knife and pull it out the cap typically comes with it.

Attached File
IMG_3824.jpeg  (28 downloads)

Re: Otis 211 MUSS fault - 02/07/24 02:02 AM

Greatly appreciated. I’ll be going back to the job in a few days. I’ll
Post an update as soon as I get it running. I’m leaning to a new Siemens soft start they are old I was just trying to get the customer by but it’s time they upgraded it
Posted By: Tramguage1

Re: Otis 211 MUSS fault - 02/21/24 02:48 PM

The control boards can be repaired by World Electronics. All of our service techs carry one in there trucks. 95% of the time its the control board.
© 2024 Elevator Forum