Home

Tac 32 GAL MOVR

Posted By: solidstate

Tac 32 GAL MOVR - 02/22/24 07:18 PM

Taking over a new job that is in an industrial building. Tac32's with GAL operators. Right now the car doors are on close with button(from inside the car) only, the building wants it where its open with button only also. They want door close and open buttons at the hall stations. At first I thought it would give door watch dog faults, but then it hit me TK must have the door operator wired to the controller through an interface board. As its not faulting out now over the door left open until some one closes it. We will get a better look at this in March. However, looking for input if someone has seen this set up before and guidance on how to remove auto open, without causing any faults on the controller.

As far as the door close/open switches at each floor, my first thoughts are will have to put a floor zone switch at each floor to feed that floor's open/close circuit.
Posted By: john jay

Re: Tac 32 GAL MOVR - 02/22/24 08:11 PM

How will this affect fire service?

Re: Tac 32 GAL MOVR - 02/22/24 08:25 PM

Presently the doors do close on fire service. This was done by others.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Tac 32 GAL MOVR - 02/23/24 06:24 PM

That should work. As an alternative to physical zone switches you could add discrete pi outputs and a relay for each floor in the controller. Of course you’d have to pull more wire to the controller this way, 3 wires per floor.

Re: Tac 32 GAL MOVR - 02/23/24 06:44 PM

Thanks, either way have to pull more wire. Probably more with the floor zone switches. Already will have to pull the wire for the door open/close buttons at each floor. Thanks again.
© 2024 Elevator Forum