Home

TK MRL Recurrent Fault

Posted By: chartervader

TK MRL Recurrent Fault - 03/14/24 09:13 PM

I got a hydro TK MRL very temperamental. Got me two entrapments on the same week. I keep getting fault 1040 watchdog closing failure DCL is not closing in the expected time interval. I already checked my gate, switch and door closing limit and my door locks. I even change the base contact locks but the elevator keeps shutting down. Any ideas?
Posted By: EElevator

Re: TK MRL Recurrent Fault - 03/14/24 09:36 PM

What kind of operator?
Posted By: EElevator

Re: TK MRL Recurrent Fault - 03/14/24 09:37 PM

Check nudging operation too. Make sure it doesn't happen when someone holds the doors too long
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: TK MRL Recurrent Fault - 03/14/24 10:15 PM

Make sure you’re checking for faults in the door operator from the door IO and faults window. There isn’t a specific controller fault that tells you there’s a fault in the door operator. If the door faults and shuts down you’ll only see watchdog faults in IMS. The door fault will give you something more specific to go on.
Posted By: lowoil

Re: TK MRL Recurrent Fault - 03/15/24 05:08 AM

Could be a bad door motor?

Re: TK MRL Recurrent Fault - 03/15/24 12:58 PM

It's a MIDI-Series Wittur operator. Didn't have the IMS tool on hand yesterday. Will be on-site today for further diagnostics. I did see more faults come in since I got an emergency call last night. Fault 1068(JRS shutdown) and 1095(dual post rack error). I know these MRL are notorious for jack resync problems and they have a timer to resync. I did an FRJ command but I want if there a way for this to happen less frequently.
Posted By: UnkindBuffalo

Re: TK MRL Recurrent Fault - 03/15/24 06:58 PM

I had a similar problem last year, the watch dog trips, the door operator kills itself and the doors close because of the spirator, causing a trap, ended up being the door operator motor, there was one bad spot on it, got a new one, hasn’t happened again

Re: TK MRL Recurrent Fault - 03/15/24 07:43 PM

sounds exactly like the problem i have it was last thing to rule out but I will change the motor If need be

Re: TK MRL Recurrent Fault - 03/15/24 08:59 PM

Do a wjr to see why and how many times. It's syncing. Is it static or dynamic?

Re: TK MRL Recurrent Fault - 03/15/24 09:21 PM

It looks like it's pointing more to the direction of replacing one of the dynamic sensors in the top landing.

Re: TK MRL Recurrent Fault - 03/15/24 09:34 PM

You can plug your IMS into the door operator while running upon inspection and check your I/Os buy swipe a magnet past the sensor. Sometimes plugging in to the operator can give the car a brain fart and odd faults but it's ok.
© 2024 Elevator Forum